Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some good news at last...
vision*R

RE: Some good news at last...

I don't think cars will be coming forward. Look at how few build slots dealers have got recently. Orders haven't gone backwards since the latest delays either, so they're simply on time (at last). Also I'm afraid LR is now giving priority to ED4 / TD4 which might be bad news for your SD4.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
06-12-2011 08:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

(06-12-2011 08:16am)vision*R Wrote:  I don't think cars will be coming forward. Look at how few build slots dealers have got recently. Orders haven't gone backwards since the latest delays either, so they're simply on time (at last). Also I'm afraid LR is now giving priority to ED4 / TD4 which might be bad news for your SD4.

There has been quiet a lot of people on these forums who have had early deliveries when not expected just check Mark out who started this thread!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
06-12-2011 03:30pm
vision*R

Yes but those are the people that had (many) "confirmed" delivery dates back in August / September, before the actual start of production. At that time dates seemed to move every other day. I received my build date on the 26th of October and it hasn't changed since (well... 3 days). The same goes for other people with December builds afaik. I'm quite convinced the factory is now working at it should, no major delays any more but no sudden deliveries either.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 05:31pm by vision*R.)
06-12-2011 05:14pm
LDT

(06-12-2011 08:16am)vision*R Wrote:  I don't think cars will be coming forward. Look at how few build slots dealers have got recently. Orders haven't gone backwards since the latest delays either, so they're simply on time (at last). Also I'm afraid LR is now giving priority to ED4 / TD4 which might be bad news for your SD4.

My build date - SD4 - has been delayed from December to January, due to a very limited dealer allocation of 6 cars for December. It did cross my mind that the production of ED/TD models could have pushed this back. Not happy, production priorities and communication are a total shambles, leaving so many dissatisfied.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
06-12-2011 09:40pm
Evo-king

(06-12-2011 09:40pm)LDT Wrote:  My build date - SD4 - has been delayed from December to January, due to a very limited dealer allocation of 6 cars for December. It did cross my mind that the production of ED/TD models could have pushed this back. Not happy, production priorities and communication are a total shambles, leaving so many dissatisfied.

Do you know where you were on that list? Obviously not in the six, did they indicate where you were?

I was 80th in Oct so I guess I've still some way to go.
Anyhow back to the original theme of this thread.

Mark_n you collect your car tomorrow, can't wait for your first post after collection, especially as you hadn't had a test drive.

Would love to be a fly on the wall tomorrow, although, you will probably just want to get away.

Just wishing you a good day, hope you enjoy the Evoque, in time that day will come to us all.

ENVIOUS.Mr. GreenMr. Green

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 09:54pm by Evo-king.)
06-12-2011 09:45pm
LDT

(06-12-2011 09:45pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Do you know where you were on that list? Obviously not in the six, did they indicate where you were?

I was 80th in Oct so I guess I've still some way to go.

I together with 21 other customers were left without December build slots. I am apparently number 10 on the now January list, so in the event that the dealership allocation is less than this, build would be further delayed. I was however assured that this would not be the case, and the dealership is expecting an allocation of 70 in January. I am afraid I don't know what their standard allocation would be, but will ask when I next speak to the dealership.

If your dealership is one of the big ones, there is every chance that the allocation would exceed 70, and your car will be in the January build. Good luck!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
06-12-2011 09:54pm
Evo-king

70 I'm gobsmacked.

They are supposed to be one of the bigger ones, but that is according to the dealer.

According to me I'm 6'2" and look like Jose Mourhino.LaughingLaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 09:58pm by Evo-king.)
06-12-2011 09:57pm
mark_n

(06-12-2011 09:45pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Mark_n you collect your car tomorrow, can't wait for your first post after collection, especially as you hadn't had a test drive.

Would love to be a fly on the wall tomorrow, although, you will probably just want to get away.

Just wishing you a good day, hope you enjoy the Evoque, in time that day will come to us all.

ENVIOUS.Mr. GreenMr. Green

Thank you, picking the car up at 11, looking forward to it of course.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-12-2011 01:48am
Evoqess

How exciting.....one more sleep ...... All the best! Thumbs Up

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
07-12-2011 02:28am
leveller

(07-12-2011 01:48am)mark_n Wrote:  Thank you, picking the car up at 11, looking forward to it of course.

Don't forget to take your camera to get some fresh pics before it gets covered in dirt!

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
07-12-2011 08:27am