Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyres again ! Advice please
Jonathon555

Tyres again ! Advice please

Visited a dealer today & they had 3 cars on show

Car 1. 19" pirelli scorpion tyres ( all season written on them )

Car 2. 20" michelin Latitude sport summer tyres

Car 3 . 19" continental cross contact tyres

I have ordered 20" wheels , which tyres will i get ? Do pirelli come on 20" ?

If its michelin are they no good for winter ? As it looks like a pilot sport tread

Which are the best for winter ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-05-2012 09:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Tyres again ! Advice please

More likely you will get the Continentals if you spec 20" wheels but you can specify the Pirellis if you want. The All seasons would be best for all year round - I am fortunate enough to have the space to also store a set of winter tyres so have 20" Craptinentals on style 6 alloys for the summer and change over to a set of 19" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tyres on style 3 alloys for the winter.

There is no problem on an Evoque running summer tyres all year round because you have the Terrain Response system that sorts out traction, just that the treads will tend to clog up with snow more easily than if you run on a set of winter tyres

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 10:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2012 10:35pm
Jonathon555

RE: Tyres again ! Advice please

(03-05-2012 10:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  More likely you will get the Continentals if you spec 20" wheels but you can specify the Pirellis if you want. The All seasons would be best for all year round - I am fortunate enough to have the space to also store a set of winter tyres so have 20" Craptinentals on style 6 alloys for the summer and change over to a set of 19" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tyres on style 3 alloys for the winter.

I was trying to get away from storing tyres , I currently store a set nokian winters for my Abarth 500 SS and a st of Vreidenstein 225/40/18 for my Aud
I know winter tyres are superior , but I was hoping to make do with the OEM tyres ,

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-05-2012 10:45pm