Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slight gear shift flare on 6 speed Auto
benzina

Slight gear shift flare on 6 speed Auto

I'm hoping others with the 6 speed auto could help out my curiosity here.

I've detected a very slight gear shift flare, detected only and happening only on light acceleration from a standing start....light acceleration meaning, the Rev counter should be hovering from 2000RPM and just over range while it changes up through the gears.

It only flares about 100-200rpm, and happens on (3-4th with selector in Drive mode), and also happens on (2-3rd with selector is in Sport mode).

In summery.
1. Drive mode 3-4th shift flare, but no flare 2-3rd
2. Sport mode 2-3rd shift flare, but no flare 3-4th (Note: When tested from a cold transmission start, there is no flare)
3. No flares at any of these gears in both D & S modes when accelerating harder from ranges 2500rpm and upwards.

I will greatly appreciate those with the 6 speed auto, to please test their Evoque's slow acceleration, in both Drive and sport..... getting the Rev counter needle to hover from 2000rpm - 2200rpm range.
While looking at the rev counter, if it flares you will see it slightly rise
before it falls, and you will hear the engine tone simultaneously rise with the flare.[/b]

Note : Knowing which gear your in.... from standing start, the car starts in 1st gear and you will see,hear,and feel the gear changes like this on light acceleration.....
1-2nd shifts at about 20kph
2-3rd shifts at about 38-40kph
3-4th shifts at about 55-60kph

I'm trying to work out if this slight flare is normal transmission mapping behaviour, and why i have only just picked up on this recently and not ever before. Also why D & S modes deliver exact vice versa results. Its like the drive mode 3-4th flare is delivered down to 2-3rd when in Sport mode,and vice versa.

Looking forward to your reply's, and once again, it will be much appreciated to hear if this does this on your Evo or not.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 06:03am by benzina.)
31-08-2017 06:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Slight gear shift flare on 6 speed Auto

Update to the above 3-4th gear Shift flare issue i have been putting up with for a long while.

Problem is finally solved.....i had a brand new Aisin TF81SC Valve Body installed just yesterday.
No mucking around with valve body correction kits, or swapping out solenoids, in what is the complex brain of a transmission, and they don't guarantee a fix.
No...the blackish transmission oil pointed to a worn valve body in general, so new valve body was the answer.

And, It was cheaper then i thought it would be to buy, compared with most other European car brands using ZF auto's in particular.
It was $2000 AUD, and another $1000 to install.

I'm rapt about this, as its made it perform as it should, and its now as new.
Its a good thing the Aisin is a Japanese automatic, and its used in many many cars including Volvo, Mazda etc etc, so there was a lot of information on it.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 01:18pm by benzina.)
12-08-2020 07:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply