Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Six Months!
Andy_A

Six Months!

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I have finally convinced myself that an Evoque is for me, so I decided to ring around a few dealers this morning to get an idea of lead-times. All are quoting mid-September, so I am am not sure which dealer to go for. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether a large main dealer will get a quicker turnaround over a smaller family type business. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
07-03-2012 12:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Six Months!

Well, the sales pitch I was given back in september was "we are one fo the largest dealers, with one of the largest allocations in the UK".... I'm sitting at 7 months! (only recently been brought back from 8 months).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-03-2012 12:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

(07-03-2012 12:41pm)Andy_A Wrote:  Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I have finally convinced myself that an Evoque is for me, so I decided to ring around a few dealers this morning to get an idea of lead-times. All are quoting mid-September, so I am am not sure which dealer to go for. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether a large main dealer will get a quicker turnaround over a smaller family type business. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Your only hope is to contact as many dealers as you can to find out what their projected deliveries are, assuming they tell you the real lead times.

Orders vary significantly if you read what some forum members are saying on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-03-2012 12:48pm
caroline11000

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. Some larger main dealers may have a bigger allocation of cars but also may have a larger waiting list for you to join the bottom of! As Evo-King suggested I would ring around as many dealers as possible to see if any offer a sooner date. Good luck!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
07-03-2012 12:57pm
MartinP

Hi Andy....when I was ordering the lead-time varied from 5 months to 8 months depending on the dealer. There is no logic to it whatsoever so all you can do is shop around.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
07-03-2012 01:05pm
Andy_A

Guys, thanks very much for the swift responses. I think I shall visit a few dealers to see how they are in person before making a decision.

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
07-03-2012 01:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It all comes down to how many build slots each dealer has been given, they can sell as many cars as they like but they won't get any more allocation of builds so you have to wait. There are cars sitting unsold in dealer showrooms and in their storage lots. There is only 6 months lead in time if you want a factory build so take a look on the Land Rover website to see if any dealers have an ex-demo car in the spec you would be happy with if you want a car sooner. There are quite a few for sale at dealers. Also don't be worried about buying from the other end of the UK, any dealer can handle warranty work in the event that you have any. My local dealer has several cars on their forecourt in a selection of colours and specifications looking for a new owner

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-03-2012 01:55pm
The Valeter

(07-03-2012 01:08pm)Andy_A Wrote:  Guys, thanks very much for the swift responses. I think I shall visit a few dealers to see how they are in person before making a decision.

What model are you going for?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
07-03-2012 09:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

(07-03-2012 12:41pm)Andy_A Wrote:  Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I have finally convinced myself that an Evoque is for me, so I decided to ring around a few dealers this morning to get an idea of lead-times. All are quoting mid-September, so I am am not sure which dealer to go for. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether a large main dealer will get a quicker turnaround over a smaller family type business. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

By the time I get mine it will be just 3 weeks shy of 9 Months !!

What I suggest you do is tell the dealers you are interested in a "Fully Loaded" vehicle and provide your details to ALL of the dealers you have spoken to, the one that calls you back or better yet calls you a few times a week to see if you have made a decision would be the one to go for.

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 09:14am by WorldTraveler.)
08-03-2012 09:13am
Andy_A

Probably going for a Pure 2.2 SD4 Auto, with tech pack, style pack and of course, in my opinion, you cannot have an Evoque without the Xenons! Thinking about Baltic Blue....The missus hates the colour....whatever!

On order:
08-03-2012 10:14am