Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Si4 Petrol vs Diesel - Where to test drive?
OvettC

Hi,

I'm currently looking at a new Evoque to replace my barge (BMW 5 Series - don't ask and no I won't have another) however I am keen to try out an Si4.

The challenge seems to be finding any dealership that has or able to get their hands on an Si4 so I can make some kind of comparison.

I'm not actually outright interested in the extra turn of speed but more how it behaves with the ZF automatic gearbox which I also had in my BMW (a 2.0D) where it was quite jerky but brilliant in a petrol version of the same car.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you
12-02-2013 10:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

Try Graham Cockroft (sales manager) at the Cumnor Oxford dealership just off the Botley road junction. 01865 860444.

I see that you are quite local in North Oxfordshire.

The other local dealership to you as well is Guy Salmon at Stratford up Avon.

12-02-2013 11:16pm
OvettC

RE: Si4 Petrol vs Diesel - Where to test drive?

(12-02-2013 11:16pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Try Graham Cockroft (sales manager) at the Cumnor Oxford dealership just off the Botley road junction. 01865 860444.

I see that you are quite local in North Oxfordshire.

The other local dealership to you as well is Guy Salmon at Stratford up Avon.

Off to Guy Salmon tomorrow morning as it happens - they only have the SD4 but given JLRs habit of making diesel that extra bit smoother these days I'm quite prepared to be proved wrong of my immediate diesel scepticism.

Hadn't looked at Cumnor so I will give them a call tomorrow as well, thanks for pointing me their way.

Pending a successful discussion I'm sure we'll come across each other at some point Smile

Thanks

/c
12-02-2013 11:56pm
The Valeter

Phone Landrover Customer Services - 0800 110 110, they should be able to assist & it may promt them to try & get some Si4's out there. I have just sold my Si4 & I loved it!!
As you are in Banbury they may invite you up the road to Gaydon!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
13-02-2013 01:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also have a look on the approved used car listings on the land rover website, you can filter the car you are looking for and find which dealers have a used one in stock, that way you can also get to try one with a few miles under its belt.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-02-2013 01:23pm
rchrdleigh

Seem to recall that LR were limiting the supply of Si4 Evoque in the UK to try and meet demand for them in overseas markets. I think the waiting time for an Si4 is probably going to be longer than for an equivalent SD4.
13-02-2013 02:53pm