Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I Buy Another One ?
BobM

Took delivery of my first Evoque (as per my signature) in March 2012. I should have know things wouldnt go well when I found out the build date was 13.2.12. I have also driven various LR vehicles during my 30 year career holding 'office' and never really found any of them to be particularly reliable.
My Evoque was no different and apart from the rattles/creaks/squeaks etc which I could just about put up with. the main issue I had was a really problem 'notchy' manual gearbox which the dealer never got to the bottom of and I sold it in May 2013 before it drove me totally mad.
That said, I still really liked the car and I am thinking of buying another. My preferred spec would be:-

2.2 SD Pure, 9sp auto, 5 door, Firenze, black contrast roof, privacy glass, ebony leather/ebony headlining, front fog lights, auto lights on, spare wheel, 19 or 20" wheels (not sure what style yet).

Anyone in a good position to have driven early and current models - your input would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone think I should add anything else?

Also, anyone know if the black pack is available on the Pure?

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
29-01-2014 03:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Should I Buy Another One ?

Bob my suggestion would be to visit a dealer and try a test drive in a 2014 Auto, only then can you say if you are happy with what is now coming out of the factory. I cannot comment as my 2014MY has now been delayed by 6 months in build and I have to admit that I am getting fed-up with the delays. Everything I have read (I haven't yet driven a 2014MY Auto) suggests that the latest cars are way way better built than the rushed out cars from 2012 - my last one was pretty well built as it was a launch day car and LR had a lot riding on those really early cars and seem to have spent more time on their build than they did on anything built after Sept 11 up to 2013MY.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-01-2014 10:13am
Stadt Panzer

I sold my MY12, which to be honest I loved but now I've got a MY14 and it is even better, the 9 speed is great the mpg is even better and they have made some simple but great mods to the car, sliding armrest, even the USB port is now lit inside the centre console. I could go on, the Dynamic facia trim feels smother etc, etc.
As far as I am concerned the new model is an improvement on the last and if it stays this way, I'll be looking at getting a third.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
29-01-2014 11:18am
Crabacle

IMO - No - great car but build quality pants
29-01-2014 08:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buckiebabyrr

Also, anyone know if the black pack is available on the Pure?
[/quote]

Only available on the dynamic, I asked the dealer the same question and that's the only reason why I purchased the dynamic as I was originally going to get a pure tech.
Paul

Car history so far......
2005 Vauxhall corsa sxi
2007 Vauxhall corsa vxr
2008 Vauxhall astra nurbergring vxr
2013 Ford focus st3
2014 Cool - MY2014 9 speed auto,Si4 engine,Dynamic,Fuji white,Santorini roof,Black design pack,Heated steering wheel,Lunar/ivory interior,Privacy glass
29-01-2014 10:03pm
BobM

Thanks for your replies, probably go and test drive a MY14 in the next week of two. Already being offered nearly £1600 off list so takes the sting out of it a bit.

As for Crabacle's comment, thanks but I've driven enough LR vehicles in the last 30 years that the build quality concern was a given. I have to say though, my 1961 Series 2a had a lot fewer things to go wrong, but it did survive 40+ years (could have done with an interior heater though - apparently is was a seldom requested optional cost extra in those days) and being able to see daylight through the edges of every interior panel (and I dont mean the windows!) was always a bit of a worry.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 03:07am by BobM.)
30-01-2014 02:35am