Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sales problems at Honda UK?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sales problems at Honda UK?

I have just seen on the BBC News website that Honda UK is to shed 550 posts at Swindon - sales of UK made cars have not lived up to hopes in 2013/2014. Hardly surprising really - while the current Civic might be an engineering tour de force it's a disaster looks wise, the CRV maybe a good car but again the changes for 2014 have spoiled an otherwise not unpleasant design which leaves the Eastbourne Express Jazz........... the oldies must be leaving them for something nicer to drive. My father has had several Jazzes but his current one is a disaster with the most horrendous and confusing semi-automated/ dual clutch manual (sold to him as an automatic!) that he will never buy another one. Reliability is great to have but driving enjoyment means a lot even to the grannies and grandpa's who buy the current Hondas.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-03-2014 02:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1stRangie

RE: Sales problems at Honda UK?

Before the Evoque we had seven Hondas on the trot including; two Civic Type R's and three Preludes. They just don't have a car in the range that is of the slightest interest any longer. The CRV is too American with a very ugly back end; the CRZ is too small and not economical enough and the current Civic is just a squashed and then stretched version of the one we got rid of to buy the Evoque. They have completely lost the plot I am afraid, good new for JLR though, one extra sale for them.

MY2016 Dynamic HSE four door, Yulong White and a few selected additions. Gone but never forgotten; Dynamic SD4 Coupe, Fuji White...
25-03-2014 11:36pm
HeartbreakRidge

RE: Sales problems at Honda UK?

(25-03-2014 11:36pm)1stRangie Wrote:  The CRV is too American with a very ugly back end

Never been a fan of the CRV look for sure, but I am curious what "too American" means? I promise not to get all offended. Cool

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
26-03-2014 12:57am