Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof tent on an Evoque: good or bad idea?
BobM

RE: Roof tent on an Evoque: good or bad idea?

If you have spent so much money on the car that you have to sleep on its roof when you go away then you have spent way too much on the car !! Laughing
Or perhaps you are afraid to leave it unattended Shocked

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
15-08-2014 09:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EvoqueSi4

RE: Roof tent on an Evoque: good or bad idea?

1. has been done before. works. see here...
2. as mentioned: 75 Kilos is max load while driving. Going through (heavy) terrain, it's reduced to 50 Kilos. stationary a couple of hundret kilos are no prob. However, that's LRs "we're affraid of getting sued" communication-policy. but on their on experience tours, they load more than those 75 Kilos onto the roofs of their own evoques see for example here (silk road tour)
- Mind you, they're using three instead of two crossbars (for a reason). -
3. I'm pretty sure that cars with panorama roof do have a more stable roof, than those without. The frame that holds the panorama adds strength and the glass itself is way more rigidity than a thin metallsheet...
4. from my own experience i can tell you, that driving offroad (partly harsh) with aprox 60 Kilos on the roof isn't a problem for the evoque. as you can see here...
5. have a look on "james baroud" tents. similar pricing but imho better quality and detailing on the finish
http://www.jamesbaroud.org/
rgds
flo
16-09-2014 01:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply