Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Ride quality worries.
evoquemayne

RE: Ride quality worries.

+1.

Dynamic mode does handle pretty phenomenally in my opinion though. I found the normal mode is very, very comfortable.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 11:54am by evoquemayne.)
20-05-2012 11:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zambiaman

I currently drive a diesel RRE with the AD and I am pretty surprised that the ride quality is not as I expected. I always have a thud noise coming from the rear suspension when driving on an elevated surface ie curb or when entering my drive way. I called up my dealer in cyprus and they said its normal for the AD to produce such a sound. Not happy at all. The ride quality on the highway is superb but in the city, slight bumps are easily felt. I have 20" rims too - that might be the cause

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
20-05-2012 12:31pm
J77

(20-05-2012 09:19am)THEMACS Wrote:  We have none AD car and 19" wheels and I find the ride harsh, not what I was expecting but it's ok.

As for people saying the handling is Hot Hatch like, What have you People been driving previously!!!! You must have been driving Jellies on wheels!! The Evoque is anything but Hot Hatch like!

From my point of veiw the Evoque is very hot hatch like, I have spent the past few years driving Discos and Fl2 both with a higher centre of gravity. So for me coming down the way it feels a lot more engaging to drive as opposed to others who have came from a car.

I have style 4 19s and do feel the ride a bit harsh compared to my last Fl2 which felt a bit softer but I put that down to the Fl2 running on 18s.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-05-2012 12:33pm
Coolbanana

(20-05-2012 12:31pm)zambiaman Wrote:  I currently drive a diesel RRE with the AD and I am pretty surprised that the ride quality is not as I expected. I always have a thud noise coming from the rear suspension when driving on an elevated surface ie curb or when entering my drive way. I called up my dealer in cyprus and they said its normal for the AD to produce such a sound. Not happy at all. The ride quality on the highway is superb but in the city, slight bumps are easily felt. I have 20" rims too - that might be the cause

I'd have it checked - mine is on 20" too and there has never been a thud of any description. The ride quality on the 20" wheels isn't as perfect as the larger RR's with air suspension over bumps etc but is way better than any of the BMW's I've owned.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
20-05-2012 12:36pm
zambiaman

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly go back to the dealer again and insist there is a problem as they said its normal!

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
20-05-2012 12:38pm
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 12:38pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Thanks for the reply. I will certainly go back to the dealer again and insist there is a problem as they said its normal!

They just meant that it's normal to have a problem withan Evoque! Wink
20-05-2012 01:42pm
invoke

Ride is comfortable, but jiggly on a bumpy roads. My Fiat Gucci is the same. However our Chrysler town&Country and Caddi are amazing. We have done drives to Chicago, Florida and Banf Alberta in one stretch (except for fuel and restroom stops) without any sign of exhaustion and tiredness.

Evoque is tiring on long drives and I blame this to seat design as well, quite awkward driving position.

In short this car is good for a test drive and is impressive in design... That's all it is.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 09:27pm by invoke.)
20-05-2012 02:25pm
Belvoirbloke

Just had another drive today and .. maybe I was too hyped yesterday .. ride seemed better, a few jiggles but by and large smooth.
Went round some of our unmarked country roads, you can certainly chuck it around, amazing, the cows thought so too !

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
20-05-2012 02:43pm
ED209

(20-05-2012 02:25pm)invoke Wrote:  Ride is comfortable, but jiggly on a bumpy roads. My Fiat Gucci is the same. However our Chrysler town&Country and Caddi are amazing. We have done drives to Chicago, Florida and Banf Alberta in one stretch (except for fuel and restroom stops) without any sign of exhaustion and tiredness.

Evoque is tiring on long drives and I blame this to seat design as well, quite awkward driving position.

In short this car is good for a test drive and is impressive in design... That's all it is.

I suppose its all down to what you are used to, The evoque is the most comfortable car i have ever owned but then again I normally have sports orientated cars. Compared to my last 4 cars - a vx220, vw scirocco, and 2 honda civic type r's the evoque is like a rolls royce.

(I wouldnt expect people on the american continent to know what a vx220 is though)

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
20-05-2012 03:18pm
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 02:43pm)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  Went round some of our unmarked country roads, you can certainly chuck it around, amazing, the cows thought so too !

You mean you had your wife and mother-in-law in the back? Laughing
20-05-2012 04:36pm