Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset advice for Stop Start
northy

RE: Reset advice for Stop Start

Hi All.

So, heres the thing. My wife's MY14 Evoque suffered the same issues as everyone above has reported. Worked for a while, then sort of just stopped. Every time I went to the dealer, they had a different reason. Short trips, air con not on auto, battery getting older, wearing the wrong colour shirt, etc. They would trickle charge the battery overnight, I'd pick it up, it would work for a day or so, then go missing.

Finally, I bit the bullet and got a brand new battery, which enabled it to work for a few days, then it stopped working again. Through pure frustration I toiled through a whole bunch of info on the net, only to discover there is a short window of Evoque models which have two batteries - a main battery and a second, smaller, start-stop booster battery. A quick look found it hidden under the battery cover - up and to the left from the main battery. After taking one lead off to isolate it, a test showed it was shot. Whilst it was a pain to get to, and hard(ish) to remove and replace, as soon as it was done...my Evoque was back doing start-stop the same as the day we got her. My biggest gripe with RR was that the dealer should have known and tested both batteries, instead of continually charging up my main battery, only to have it's charge continually depleted by the faulty smaller unit.

The key info that you need to test if this is your issue follows on from this thread from another forum....

https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum...ttery.html
03-11-2018 04:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Koidream

RE: Reset advice for Stop Start

That small battery has been replaced according to my dealer. On the other hand, they were also able to fill up my windscreen washer fluid after I had filled it up 10 minutes before (and charged me for a 25 year old single malt).

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 05:39pm by Koidream.)
03-11-2018 05:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply