Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Received some really good news!
LonnyGer

Received some really good news!

Hey Folks,

just contacted my LR Dealer for some status updates according to my evoque order.

build Date was planned for the 7. of December

Now build date slipped forward to the 2. of November.

Car is planned to leave factory on the 12. of November.

With an expected delivery date on the 4. of December.

No more possibility to change config, but thats cool Very Happy

The Car also got a intern factory number, is this what you guys call the vin number?

Im so happy right now, that there is a possibility to receive the car before christmas , because there will be a lot of snow here for sure and we planned some trips to visit family in the vicinity.

Sounds like 24/7 produciton is starting to affect delievery times Very Happy

Best regards

Lonny from germany

P:S. ok i just read the vin infos closely and its only generated after production, so the number means something different it looks like this MXXXXXXX Smile

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 10:24am by LonnyGer.)
15-10-2012 10:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

RE: Received some really good news!

Wow thanks to the 106 persons clicking on my thread and sharing the happiness with me, I'm overwhelmed Rolling Eyes.

Ok there isn`t a lot to answer to, but at least the question if production 24/7 could have decreased delivery time.

16-10-2012 06:52am
Craig_d1

Nice to see you contacted LR dealership for an update and not the other way round. It would be nice for once if the dealerships could actually be bothered to keep and update on their customer orders and keep their customers informed!
Nice to see you get your car for Xmas, though family might not be when your not at Xmas dinner but donuting in the snowSmile
16-10-2012 07:50am
LonnyGer

(16-10-2012 07:50am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Nice to see you contacted LR dealership for an update and not the other way round. It would be nice for once if the dealerships could actually be bothered to keep and update on their customer orders and keep their customers informed!
Nice to see you get your car for Xmas, though family might not be when your not at Xmas dinner but donuting in the snowSmile
Thanks Smile, yeah your right, it is always hard to get some useful informations, im quite happy with the development, but anyway i asked on 15th of Oktober and last possibility to change was the 14th of Oktober, glad that i did not want to make any changes in the spec.

I am wondering if 24/7 production is now affecting build dates, maybe we can start a thread and ask for status updates!?

BR

16-10-2012 07:56am
Evo-king

Great news for you Lonny.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-10-2012 08:02am
IKM

Delighted for you. Hope all continues to go well.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
16-10-2012 08:23am
Craig_d1

(16-10-2012 06:52am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Wow thanks to the 106 persons clicking on my thread and sharing the happiness with me, I'm overwhelmed Rolling Eyes.

Ok there isn`t a lot to answer to, but at least the question if production 24/7 could have decreased delivery time.

Wish it were true, but mine hasn't changed. Still late mid dec build for beginning jan delivery.
16-10-2012 10:05am
NightFox

Why are dealers generally so utterly crap at communicating? Don't they realize their customers might have a slight bit of interest in something they're spending £30-£50k on? Just because selling these things is part of a day's work for dealers, they shouldn't lose sight of what a major thing it is to the customer.

It's bad enough not hearing anything for weeks and then months when there's no actual change, but when they don't even contact you to confirm the final spec before the last date for change is unforgivable. One LR I bought I wasn't sure of spec and colour when I ordered, so the dealer just put a base model with no extras to reserve the build slot as I had about 3 months before I had to go firm. I rang him up after 2 months to finalise my spec, only to be told "I'm not sure we can change anything now as it's gone into build". When I made it clear I wouldn't buy the car as it was they did manage to get things changed though.

I know it's always easy to be critical of how other people do their jobs, but aren't some of the simple things dealers could do to improve customer services blindingly obvious?

</rant>

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
16-10-2012 10:42am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I suppose that as you sign an order form (that is really a contract between you and the dealer) at some stage before the dealership orders the car I suppose you could insert your own clause stipulating that the dealer will keep the
customer advised of progress at weekly or monthly intervals. After all the contract is a pro forma and we just accept the terms willy nilly, even by all accounts without some people reading what they sign!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-10-2012 12:48pm
LonnyGer

(16-10-2012 12:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well I suppose that as you sign an order form (that is really a contract between you and the dealer) at some stage before the dealership orders the car I suppose you could insert your own clause stipulating that the dealer will keep the
customer advised of progress at weekly or monthly intervals. After all the contract is a pro forma and we just accept the terms willy nilly, even by all accounts without some people reading what they sign!

Yes you are definitely right, it is just that pro forma thing, you choose your spec, you sign the contract, without even have a slight look on the terms and conditions, some ow this is grossly negligent.

I was so happy that I got the earlier build, that i wasn't shocked about the fact that i missed the final day to change the spec.

First information I got was, that final day for spec change would be around the 15.of November, now as the build date slipped forward a hole month the build cconfig got locked also one mont earlier. As i said before this is no problem for me because i almost took every option in the spec, just was unsure about exterior color, but i saw a OG 5 Door with black roof yesterday and i was total assured that it was the right decision for me.

Maybe the earlier build date is a result of the Si4 engine, i guess it is a quite rare spec isn`t it?

BR

16-10-2012 04:42pm