Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear light condensation ( again, I know)
FujiSan

Rear light condensation ( again, I know)

One of my rears is fogged with condensation. One is not.

The one that is, has been like this since June when I got it. It came off the transporter fogged!

Now I know what the manual says and what some dealers say - but this is emphatically not a 'feature' on mine, it is a fault, otherwise under optimum conditions it would clear (like the manual indicates) OR, under less than optimal conditions the other one would fog up as well, which it never has.

SO has anyone been back to their dealer and actually got them to change one for a replacement that won't routinely stay fogged?

Or are we all just being palmed off with excuses?

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 10:50pm by FujiSan.)
20-09-2012 10:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Rear light condensation ( again, I know)

I will back you up that it was so 'condensed' when I was behind you on the M40 that I thought you have some form of wrap on it and it was impairing its working as a 'safety' part of the car.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-09-2012 06:07am
jitenc

If I understand correctly, the whole rear light is a sealed unit. Trying to look for broken seal is not viable. It's better to replace the whole unit, and in your case under warranty.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
21-09-2012 07:01am
IKM

Heading in to my dealer this morning for the fitting of a replacement rear light cluster (it's been on back order for the last 2 weeks). They're also replacing my parking camera lens at the same time. Dealer (so far) has been very helpful.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-09-2012 07:25am
FujiSan

Thanks for the posts lads. I'll keep you informed as to progress.

21-09-2012 07:37pm
IKM

Fujisan, an update: my dealer fitted a new one today under warranty and in no time at all. Good luck with yours!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-09-2012 08:20pm
FujiSan

UPDATE.

Just back from a dealer today and all is well. A very big HURRAH! To Chipperfield Land Rover, near Watford for their exemplary service.

I sent a quick email to the address on their website, they responded by phone within two hours and offered me a visit slot the very same day.

On arrival I was met by the service manager (Phil). My car was already booked in for a rear light change based upon my email description. I also asked them if I could purchase some top up oil whilst I was there. "No problem" he replied and said that they would check the oil for me and top it up as well, and he would get some for me.

Was sat in the waiting area and plied with coffee and biscuits and had time to have a nose into the hard back book about the millionth Discovery road trip, very interesting.

Car ready in half an hour. They had taken lots of photos of the condensation in the light (for Land Rover, he said), had topped up the oil as well. He took me out to hand it back and show the replacement unit fitted and also gave me a litre of oil (the correct type, obviously) and a handy Land Rover storage bag to keep it in. Simple, but a nice touch.

Nothing was too much trouble and I was well impressed with the care and attention to details. No condensation now and a very happy bunny.

I'll certainly be back to Chipperfield again.

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 05:27pm by FujiSan.)
25-09-2012 05:21pm