Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door
gilmer

Hoping to get some advice from evoque drivers who have or don't have the rear view camera. It doesn't come as standard in Australia and I am wondering if its really nessecary ? You need to purchase the front parking aid if you decide to purchase the rear camera. Thanks for your advice.

Ordered In November: Dynamic Si4 fuji with adaptive dynamics and panoramic roof added. Due in May with changes to order allowed up until Jan 31st.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 02:31am by gilmer.)
23-12-2011 02:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door

I'd say go for it. Visibility isn't all that great and the camera takes away most of this problem.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
23-12-2011 02:28am
Rootsboy

The camera is great. And I'm finding the line up guides to be very good at helping me park in certain places.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
23-12-2011 04:09am
Big Dave

It's an essential for me, not just for distance to objects but it also shows if you have enough clearance to open the tailgate.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
23-12-2011 07:37am
mark_n

Yes, I agree it's absolutely essential. If you don't get it, it will only be a matter of time before you reverse into something you cannot see in any of the three mirrors.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-12-2011 07:53am
Coolbanana

I have the surround cameras and still need to get used to them - I've used them to spot kerbs and getting past cars parked stupidly so that it was a tight squeeze to get by but the reverse camera I've largely ignored!

Maybe I don't trust it but I still reverse using mirrors alone - and that in the Coupe which isn't difficult to do at all.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
23-12-2011 08:56am
caroline11000

I have the camera and use it all the time, it does make reversing much easier as the visibility is very limited out the back window and although the mirrors are huge the camera gives you sight of the otherwise unseen! I would say if you can afford to add it do........

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-12-2011 09:03am
LP

I don't have the cameras....and don't miss them. The mirrors are huge and with the parking sensors I find the car as easy to park as my old MINI.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 09:26am by LP.)
23-12-2011 09:25am
defender_uk

I have it...I don't find it half as good as it was in the RRS..the positioning is terrible and gets covered in muck all the time. So I don't use it any where like I used to...but if you intend to tow withe RRE, the yes do get it...it does help in the lining up of the tow ball.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-12-2011 10:18am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

My partners nissan juke has a reversing camera and to be honest every time i drive it i forget about it. I just reverse using the mirrors as normal.
23-12-2011 10:32am