Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear Camera Shaded Area
THEMACS

RE: Rear Camera Shaded Area

(26-03-2012 11:19pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  No, they appear as required. Only the yellow solid and dotted lines are permanent in reverse.

Good oh, quick guide must be talking Censored

I really did think I had seen the shaded area though, take a look at the quick guide to see what you think

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-03-2012 11:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(26-03-2012 11:24pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Good oh, quick guide must be talking Censored

I really did think I had seen the shaded area though, take a look at the quick guide to see what you think

I don't follow you in terms of when you though you'd seen the shaded area - if you are close enough you will have seen it (or do you mean you thought yours was ever-present?). From memory (I can't be bothered to get the handbook out at the moment!) I thought that the picture in reverse just showed all the available indicators, without implying that they are necessarily always on at the same time.
26-03-2012 11:41pm
THEMACS

(26-03-2012 11:41pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I don't follow you in terms of when you though you'd seen the shaded area - if you are close enough you will have seen it (or do you mean you thought yours was ever-present?). From memory (I can't be bothered to get the handbook out at the moment!) I thought that the picture in reverse just showed all the available indicators, without implying that they are necessarily always on at the same time.

It appears in the Manual/Guide that there is a Grey Shaded area that represents the safe tailgate opening area. But I think it is the little lines off the broken line in reality. If no one else gets a Grey shaded area then fine.

Thanks

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
27-03-2012 07:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is the tailgate "safe area" not the AMBER shaded areas that come up, once it changes to red then you will not have enough clearance to operate the boot release? One thing I have not yet sussed out is how to operate the trailer assist thingy that I'm supposed to have, so I can see the tow ball while backing up to the trailer, I don't seem to be able to find any way to see the towball even with the surround cam system.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 10:36am by XFullFatTim.)
27-03-2012 10:34am
Donny Dog

(27-03-2012 07:07am)THEMACS Wrote:  It appears in the Manual/Guide that there is a Grey Shaded area that represents the safe tailgate opening area. But I think it is the little lines off the broken line in reality. If no one else gets a Grey shaded area then fine.

Thanks

That's just the black and white interpretation. In reality it doesn't appear until you are close to something, then, as XFullFatTim says, it changes to red at the limit, at about the same time as your rear sensors start getting insistent as well. Best thing to do is set up some soft 'obstacle' (such as the wife) and reverse towards it to get used to how much clearance you get at the various stages. I have to say, it's very effective.
27-03-2012 10:51am
THEMACS

(27-03-2012 10:51am)Donny Dog Wrote:  That's just the black and white interpretation. In reality it doesn't appear until you are close to something, then, as XFullFatTim says, it changes to red at the limit, at about the same time as your rear sensors start getting insistent as well. Best thing to do is set up some soft 'obstacle' (such as the wife) and reverse towards it to get used to how much clearance you get at the various stages. I have to say, it's very effective.

Laughing

Good stuff, as long as it is as it should be!

27-03-2012 11:37am