Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
upstoke

RE: Real world mpg

(21-03-2012 02:41pm)speary Wrote:  Only had my SD4 for a few days but so far on my journey to work which is 17 miles of which 10 is motorway i get 43mpg going and 38mpg coming home.
The traffic is reasonable in the morning and quite heavy with some stop start on the way home
Hopefully it will get better as the engine loosens up

If your engine loosens up any more it will fall apart!!. I can't get any where near your figures. However my calculations have discovered that the 10 mpg I am short of is due to the over use of the powered tailgate.Very Happy
Congrats on new RRE. Enjoy, I am.
27-03-2012 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Did my first long motorway run last night and got the average trip mpg up to 35 on my Si4 Dynamic, not for long though - done about 600 miles now in total so not bad, will work it out properly when I next fill up

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
30-03-2012 11:13am
timslim

Had a 400 mile round trip to Liverpool on Tuesday, and averaged 34MPG, (80% motorway 20% A roads) at steady 70ish with air-con on - this I think is excellent, and should only improve.

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
30-03-2012 12:53pm
David-H.

Hi all.

We're just back from our first long trip in the car. Edinburgh to Tarbert in Argyll & Bute, then over to Islay for a couple of days where we dotted about visiting a couple of distilleries etc. Back to Edinburgh, all on one tank of Shell diesel. The average on the computer was 42.5 mpg Very Happy. Obviously I'm very pleased with this, especially as the car has still done less than 700 miles.

Cheers - David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
30-03-2012 04:08pm
defender_uk

lucky you....you obviously have a special build!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
30-03-2012 06:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lrdaft

Thought I might as well add to this thread as I was the one that started it, I'm now 6months into ownership,having only covered 3000 miles ,car has been in twice to dealer to look at fuel consumption only to be told nothing is wrong with it ,I did have corroded locking nuts that were replaced under warranty no problem . I then decided to switch off about the fuel consumption and just enjoy driving it, I'm now returning 36 to 38 mpg on runs which used to be around 28 mpg ,still think I may go for an ed4 next as I can squeeze 32mpg out my discovery 4 commercial with the excellent 8 speed auto which is amazing considering it's size
Just goes to show land rover can do it ,I think that the auto box is the biggest problem for the fuel comsumption, come on land rover just look how long and how much views this thread has generated I think we have touched a sore point for many people just put the 8 speeder in and the majority of people would be queueing up with their cheque books to trade in

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
30-03-2012 09:11pm
THEMACS

(30-03-2012 04:08pm)David-H. Wrote:  Hi all.

We're just back from our first long trip in the car. Edinburgh to Tarbert in Argyll & Bute, then over to Islay for a couple of days where we dotted about visiting a couple of distilleries etc. Back to Edinburgh, all on one tank of Shell diesel. The average on the computer was 42.5 mpg Very Happy. Obviously I'm very pleased with this, especially as the car has still done less than 700 miles.

Cheers - David.

Wow, thats great! our car does quite a few very short 2 to 3 mile journeys as well as a 30 mile round trip to work three times a week and we are currently averaging 32 mpg. Looked at the round trip to work in isolation and it was showing 34 mpg, only four miles of motorway on the round trip, so pretty happy , only done 330 miles. I reckon on a decent trip it will do about 40 mpgVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
30-03-2012 10:01pm
scottie99

(30-03-2012 10:01pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Wow, thats great! our car does quite a few very short 2 to 3 mile journeys as well as a 30 mile round trip to work three times a week and we are currently averaging 32 mpg. Looked at the round trip to work in isolation and it was showing 34 mpg, only four miles of motorway on the round trip, so pretty happy , only done 330 miles. I reckon on a decent trip it will do about 40 mpgVery Happy

If its like mine, it wont do 40mpg. On a 220 mile trip, Glasgow to Liverpool last week, i got 35mpg with cruise set to 68mph. - Not happy!
30-03-2012 10:57pm
Daigriff

2500 miles in averaging 30.6 mpg.

Pretty pants really but am not too bothered other than the fact that the official figures are way out. Would have still bought the car even if the official figures were closer to reality.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
30-03-2012 11:11pm
PhilSkill

Hilly area daigriff? they seem to knock the Av MPG right down, I have 1 steep hill I drive up a lot and watch the Av plummet!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-03-2012 11:21pm