Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
CrawfsEvoque

RE: Real world mpg

The car does the mpg you get out of it. Drive it slower get more. Drive it faster get less. Be honest. You didn't buy it for its efficiency. Live with it and enjoy the pleasure that is Range Rover ownership.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
04-01-2012 11:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomark

Real world mpg

(03-01-2012 02:01pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Here Here!!! Couldn't have put it better myself!! If it bothers you guy's that much SELL IT!!!!!

That's a great idea. Wait for months, give into the failure to deliver real life mpg figures way outside of an accepted tolerance so therefore sell and take a hit on depreciation.

The issue is not who can afford and who can't. It is about getting what was expected.

If the car did 0-60 in 12 seconds or only reached 85 mph top, those that don't have an issue with the cost of fuel may reasonably raise a concern with those stated figures being out by 30% from published figures. OK, some may not have a heavy right foot or go on motorways, but plenty on this forum talk about having the car chipped to exceed published figures. Imagine the forum talk if the car had less performance than a Prius!

Im still in Florida and love that I could fill up an SUV for $50! Would be $150 in Europe!
(04-01-2012 11:53pm)CrawfsEvoque Wrote:  The car does the mpg you get out of it. Drive it slower get more. Drive it faster get less. Be honest. You didn't buy it for its efficiency. Live with it and enjoy the pleasure that is Range Rover ownership.

Sorry, but I did. For clarity, I have a 911 (I know, now I sound like an a*se! Wink ) for the fun drive but wanted a good 4x4 that would be the 20k miles a year workhorse. Everything else about the car is great ,but as such a splash was made about the new engine efficiency, I was happy to jump from the excellent BMW engine I have swapped from. I don't see why I have to drive this car with less spirit in order to still not touch the efficiency of its predecessor...

Is it enough to make me want to sell? No. Is it a concern? Yes, as it means I have to refuel more and I hate petrol stations Smile plus won't help resale.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 10:45am by gomark.)
05-01-2012 02:42am
EVO PUNDITT

All those unhappy with your MPG read this http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story...=144676629

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
05-01-2012 10:36am
Pedalpower

(05-01-2012 02:42am)gomark Wrote:  That's a great idea. Wait for months, give into the failure to deliver real life mpg figures way outside of an accepted tolerance so therefore sell and take a hit on depreciation.

The issue is not who can afford and who can't. It is about getting what was expected.

If the car did 0-60 in 12 seconds or only reached 85 mph top, those that don't have an issue with the cost of fuel may reasonably raise a concern with those stated figures being out by 30% from published figures. OK, some may not have a heavy right foot or go on motorways, but plenty on this forum talk about having the car chipped to exceed published figures. Imagine the forum talk if the car had less performance than a Prius!

Im still in Florida and love that I could fill up an SUV for $50! Would be $150 in Europe!

Sorry, but I did. For clarity, I have a 911 (I know, now I sound like an a*se! Wink ) for the fun drive but wanted a good 4x4 that would be the 20k miles a year workhorse. Everything else about the car is great ,but as such a splash was made about the new engine efficiency, I was happy to jump from the excellent BMW engine I have swapped from. I don't see why I have to drive this car with less spirit in order to still not touch the efficiency of its predecessor...

Is it enough to make me want to sell? No. Is it a concern? Yes, as it means I have to refuel more and I hate petrol stations Smile plus won't help resale.

Great points made here, i am sure people would be up in arms if and car was 25% slower than advertised Smile
05-01-2012 11:14am
THEMACS

(05-01-2012 11:14am)Pedalpower Wrote:  Great points made here, i am sure people would be up in arms if and car was 25% slower than advertised Smile

But it's not, so no problem!!LaughingLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
05-01-2012 11:22am
lrdaft

Well my sd4 is going to the dealer soon to check out the mpg along with corroded locking wheel nuts already!
I will of course keep you posted as to what they tell me

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
06-01-2012 07:31am
Coolbanana

(04-01-2012 10:00am)Coolbanana Wrote:  Just done some calcs using real world figures and an online MPG calculator and observed the following:

My Discovery 4 TDV6 diesel displayed 28.5 MPG

Actual was 23.3 MPG (based upon last recorded tank range)

My Evoque Si4 petrol is currently displaying 23.5 MPG

Actual is 24.3 MPG (based upon last recorded tank range)

I filled up this morning so will see how far that goes.

Further to my findings above thus far, just to clarify my car has done mostly fast motorways - as in, a lot of 80-90mph in Europe recently and the remainder being stop/start urban routes.

My 8 mile commute to work is all urban with the usual traffic lights, roundabouts etc but not too much traffic , the return trip is very much stop/start in dense traffic however.

Since filling up the other day my rough calcs thus far are that I'm getting 23-24mpg for my daily urban commute which is spot on with the Manufacturer's claims at 23.7mpg!

So can't complain really Smile

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
06-01-2012 08:55am
IKM

(04-01-2012 11:40pm)The Valeter Wrote:  The FL2 I had was the 150BHP & I set the fuel meter in January 2011 & never reset it till the day I sold it (29th Nov 2011) & the fuel meter displayed 31.8MPG or minor fractions either way but mostly lower = Not vey impressed given it was marketted as the Most fuel efficient Landrover ever just like the RRE as most efficient Range Rover!!Embarrassed
Averaging 32 mpg on FL2 with a mix of country (70%) and town (30%) driving. 150 BHP manual with stop start system.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
06-01-2012 01:17pm
Tony

(10-12-2011 11:14am)Tony Wrote:  58' plate FL2 TD4 Auto 27k miles, running around I live in a very hilly area - 34mpg. On a run say from home to Inverness 125 miles, some steep climbs - 39mpg. Worth noting, we do not have a lot of traffic up here. From new tight engine to now the consumption has improved about 1 or 2 mpg max.

I have had a loan FL2 SD4 Auto albeit for only about 100 miles but I according to the trip it was nearly 10% better than my FL2 TD4 Auto.

Given the Evoques 'LR claimed figures' which are much better than the LR figures for FL2 S/TD4A and the fact the Evoque is lighter and less of a breeze block than FL2 I am expecting much better comsumption - I wait in hope!

Tony

Dynamic SD4 Auto ETA Feb '12

(06-01-2012 01:17pm)IKM Wrote:  Averaging 32 mpg on FL2 with a mix of country (70%) and town (30%) driving. 150 BHP manual with stop start system.

Talked to dealer today and our Evoque is due in next Monday or Tuesday, a couple of weeks early, hope to pick it up on 17th. We will see what mpg we get on a gentle 125 mile drive home from Inverness.

Will do a brim to brim check and compare with the trip comp read out, our FL2 trip read out is fairly accurate when compared with the wet shoes and calculator method.

Can't wait!!! it will be worth the £44K just to pi55 my sister-in-law off Twisted Evil
Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
06-01-2012 01:38pm
PhilSkill

The trip computer seems to be calibrated as if engine loosened up, as my real mpg was 29 in the first 500 miles and since improved to 35, trip has been pretty much the same 36mpg the whole time.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-01-2012 10:49pm