Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
Bumpy

RE: Real world mpg

thanks to all who have contributed to this thread - you have convinced me to change my order. Its now an eD4 rather than the TD4. Reason - its a company car and due to the way they are financed i would have been spending an additional £80 - £100 per month for the privelige of traveling to customer sites. If something like the claimed mileage was being achieved (50mpg - 10% = 45) then i would have stuck with it.
Allowing for a similar drop of mileage for the eD4 from claimed (56 down to say 40) and with better tax treatment then i should still get most of the car that i want with less than £10 impact on my pocket. I hope the eD4 is still as comfortable to drive as this is my other major requirement. I havent been able to find anything else within budget that has felt as comfortable (A6, e-class, xc60, 3 series, Q3 all tried and discounted) or looks as good.

Now just have to wait and see what the delivery fairy turns up with.

eD4 Pure + electric seats and door mirrors
03-01-2012 07:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lrdaft

Anyone got an ed4 yet I think I may have to go down that route as well

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
03-01-2012 07:25pm
Pedalpower

My Ed is confirmed for 3 weeks, prob one of the first i guess, i am guessing on about 45mpg for that, which is much less than the advertised, but i can live with that.
03-01-2012 09:17pm
ED209

I dont see wht people are moaning, no new cars get anywhere close to their published figures during real world driving, especially not when the engines are new and tight.
03-01-2012 09:20pm
Billionaireboysclub

(03-01-2012 09:20pm)ED209 Wrote:  I dont see wht people are moaning, no new cars get anywhere close to their published figures during real world driving, especially not when the engines are new and tight.

Toight...like a tioger (in my Goldmember Accent from Austin Powers) Laughing

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
03-01-2012 10:27pm
PhilSkill

I will say if you're buying the ed4 just be sure why you want one... if you want efficiency there are better cars out there, if you want 4WD you have to pay the price in mpg but there are no better cars out there. If you just want the beautiful looks and presence of the Evoque then that's fine buy the ed4, that's the very reason I think the ed4 has a market. There are some good vids on this site of how capable the ed4 is on slippery surfaces too!

We are all using our "brand new" Evoques at the worst time of year for efficiency and the diesel fuels have additives etc give them a chance and let see what we get in the Summer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2012 11:45pm
Coolbanana

Just done some calcs using real world figures and an online MPG calculator and observed the following:

My Discovery 4 TDV6 diesel displayed 28.5 MPG

Actual was 23.3 MPG (based upon last recorded tank range)

My Evoque Si4 petrol is currently displaying 23.5 MPG

Actual is 24.3 MPG (based upon last recorded tank range)

I filled up this morning so will see how far that goes.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:01am by Coolbanana.)
04-01-2012 10:00am
Chunkstar

I think that engines need 5000 miles at least to settle into
All my cars have given better mpg after approx that many miles also noticed after first services a change
Also why buy a 4x4 which isn't that light or aerodynamic ?
Buy a blue motion golf/ polo :LaughingLaughing If worried about fuel !

The evoque is a great looking car and great to drive so enjoy it
04-01-2012 11:02pm
Evo-king

Anyone able to provide Freelander MPG compared to the Evoque.

As I understand it the Evoque is based on the Freelander, but if I'm not mistaken it uses lightweight materials and is marginally more aerodynamic, if that is true you would expect to see it bettering the Freelander figures.

I don't know enough about the Freelander in terms of materials used, but I'm assuming it uses more traditional materials.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-01-2012 11:28pm
The Valeter

(04-01-2012 11:28pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Anyone able to provide Freelander MPG compared to the Evoque.

As I understand it the Evoque is based on the Freelander, but if I'm not mistaken it uses lightweight materials and is marginally more aerodynamic, if that is true you would expect to see it bettering the Freelander figures.

I don't know enough about the Freelander in terms of materials used, but I'm assuming it uses more traditional materials.

The FL2 I had was the 150BHP & I set the fuel meter in January 2011 & never reset it till the day I sold it (29th Nov 2011) & the fuel meter displayed 31.8MPG or minor fractions either way but mostly lower = Not vey impressed given it was marketted as the Most fuel efficient Landrover ever just like the RRE as most efficient Range Rover!!Embarrassed

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-01-2012 11:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply