Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles have finally gone. I'm a happy man! Plus an iPhone question.
Devonian

Rattles have finally gone. I'm a happy man! Plus an iPhone question.

After random rattles coming from the door and rear of the car they've finally been sorted. New door seals and clips for the rear speakers have made all the difference. It feels like a brand new car - partly helped by driving a Freelander for the week. I'm chuffed to bits. Many thanks to Guy Salmon.

On a separate note guys - as an iPhone user, do you think that L/R will make any effort for further iPhone integration with older Evoques or will they just build it in to new models?

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
08-11-2013 07:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: Rattles have finally gone. I'm a happy man! Plus an iPhone question.

If you're talking about "In-Control" integration then the answer I'm sorry to say is no as it requires the fitting of additional hardware into the vehicle which is not easily done.
08-11-2013 07:20pm
Devonian

The optimist in me was hoping they could do a software update or sell us a USB stick that could do the job.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
08-11-2013 07:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Companies like Roll Royce, Bentley and Aston Martin can do that sort of upgrade but they do cost a wee bit more than an Evoque and also charge a huge amount to the owner for having that sort of upgrade carried out - I don't think many Evoque owners would pay the cost that upgrading some of these software items costs. LR cannot even get In Control up and running at the moment as that is what has delayed the build of my new car from 6th November until March.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-11-2013 07:52pm
Devonian

Thanks Tim. That's a pretty chunky delay!!!

I was debating selling mine but love it too much to let it go.

08-11-2013 08:10pm