Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles...
Barneyridge

RE: Rattles...

SiT i have the exact same rattle, but no solution as yet. I have also found that the noise sometimes appears after I have stopped at the lights and the car is not moving. It does not happen every time I am in the car or go over a bump, it is random.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-07-2012 03:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUEEVO

Rattles...

Spare wheel...?

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
05-07-2012 06:33am
Belvoirbloke

Rattles are my pet hate, why buy a LR then (?) ... but my outgoing FL2 was faultless, so I was hopeful.
The RRE went in to have the chrome strips under the windows lined up properly, the car was delivered back home and I went for a ride immediately.
A vibrating intermittent sound can now be heard from the rear right hand side ... I wondered if it is because the doors had been rejigged and now the way one of them shuts is causing the noise. I’d appreciate anyones opinion, I’m not tech/mechanical at all ... so not sure if I’m being dim to suspect this ?
Thanks folks.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
05-07-2012 07:28am
xxxx5

Sounds very likely, unfortunately it looks like a trip back to the dealers for you. Crying

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
05-07-2012 07:41am
Barneyridge

(05-07-2012 06:33am)QUEEVO Wrote:  Spare wheel...?

I thought that, pulled it out and wrap in a blanket and reinstalled. No difference. I was think it could be the foam rubbing on something, but still not sure.

It is hard to take back to the dealer as it is very random in my case. I think it is a process of trying to work it out myself. As it is random it is not a rattle that is driving me nuts.....yet.

05-07-2012 07:57am
SiT

(05-07-2012 03:49am)Barneyridge Wrote:  SiT i have the exact same rattle, but no solution as yet. I have also found that the noise sometimes appears after I have stopped at the lights and the car is not moving. It does not happen every time I am in the car or go over a bump, it is random.

Hi Barney

Mine isn't a rattle of sorts... it's more of a squeak and only when going over rougher roads. It's definately coming from the drivers side rear and its loud..!! Don't get it all the time and i have a feeling its from the seating area. I've tried reseating the folding rear seats i.e releasing them and pushing them back into lock but not really getting anywhere with it. I need someone to drive it with me sitting in the rear to actually locate it... just finding the time plus not driving it enough Sad
05-07-2012 09:36pm
Barneyridge

(05-07-2012 09:36pm)SiT Wrote:  Hi Barney

Mine isn't a rattle of sorts... it's more of a squeak and only when going over rougher roads. It's definately coming from the drivers side rear and its loud..!! Don't get it all the time and i have a feeling its from the seating area. I've tried reseating the folding rear seats i.e releasing them and pushing them back into lock but not really getting anywhere with it. I need someone to drive it with me sitting in the rear to actually locate it... just finding the time plus not driving it enough Sad

Yep that sounds like mine. I thought initially it was the rear seats, I did put some lube on the latch holding the seat backs but that did not work.

05-07-2012 11:35pm
Belvoirbloke

(05-07-2012 07:41am)xxxx5 Wrote:  Sounds very likely, unfortunately it looks like a trip back to the dealers for you. Crying
Yes i guess .. however they do come and collect so no pain !

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
06-07-2012 09:46am
Straydox

Rear parcel shelf? The shelf can rest on the pivot points and rattle intermittently - if you push the shelf down onto the pivots they 'snap' into place and the rattle stops.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-07-2012 11:27am
SiT

(05-07-2012 11:35pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Yep that sounds like mine. I thought initially it was the rear seats, I did put some lube on the latch holding the seat backs but that did not work.

So it looks like we do have the same then... thanks for that. Interestingly I had a passenger in the back today and the squeak vanished so I’m pretty convinced it's the rear seats. I'll investigate further and let you know
06-07-2012 09:27pm