Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible 2012 Model Year End Incentives?
Jackson

Possible 2012 Model Year End Incentives?

I've got my heart set on an Evoque. Does Range Rover ever offer end of model year incentives?
13-08-2012 01:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hapsta

RE: Possible 2012 Model Year End Incentives?

In Australia we had some pretty good deals at the end of our financial year which is the end of June and they usually have good deals at the the start of the next calender year trying to clear the last years stock.

Si4 Pure Coupe, Auto, Colima Lime, 20 Inch Style 8 Wheels, Cirrus Interior, Powered Tailgate, Pure Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Rear Bucket Seats, Powerfold Mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, Front Parking Aid, Rear Camera, Spare Set 19 inch Style 4 Wheels.
13-08-2012 03:42am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In the USA I believe your dealerships sell in a different way to those in Europe - your dealers have to buy their full year stock in a large order so come a spec change they get left with a load of out of date models to sell off and the way to sell them off is to reduce the price. In the UK and Europe the dealers have monthly and quarterly targets to meet and with a popular car like the Evoque there is often a waiting list of buyers so when a new model year is announced those with orders get the facelift cars as they trickle out of the factory as delaers usually don't order large numbers of cars for stock.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-08-2012 07:56am
Jackson

A strange thing about the Evoque here in Los Angeles (or outlying suburbs) is that I don't believe the Evoque is selling briskly. Conventional wisdom is the Evoque is a huge hit, there is/were waiting lists, but I'm not seeing it. I've only seen a couple on the road, and the model has been out for 1/2 a year. I walked on to a dealership lot 2 weeks ago, kind of fell in love with the car. I returned this weekend, and they had not sold a single one.

Mind you, in the community I live, there are tons of LR4's, RR Sport's, and Range Rover's. These are all family rigs. My conclusion is the Evoque is nichey for no-children households, and will be low volume.

Hence, I'm hoping that since the 2013's are due (I'm guessing soon), that there will be some type of program soon.
13-08-2012 01:34pm
NightFox

(13-08-2012 01:34pm)Jackson Wrote:  A strange thing about the Evoque here in Los Angeles (or outlying suburbs) is that I don't believe the Evoque is selling briskly. Conventional wisdom is the Evoque is a huge hit, there is/were waiting lists, but I'm not seeing it. I've only seen a couple on the road, and the model has been out for 1/2 a year. I walked on to a dealership lot 2 weeks ago, kind of fell in love with the car. I returned this weekend, and they had not sold a single one.

Mind you, in the community I live, there are tons of LR4's, RR Sport's, and Range Rover's. These are all family rigs. My conclusion is the Evoque is nichey for no-children households, and will be low volume.

Hence, I'm hoping that since the 2013's are due (I'm guessing soon), that there will be some type of program soon.

I think I'm right in saying that the MY13 is going to go into build around the end of August/beginning of September. However, as the changes are so minor I don't think the majority of customers are going to even notice them so I don't think you're going to see the potential for discounts on the existing model like you would for a mid-life facelift.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
13-08-2012 01:58pm