Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ran over curb
335i

Ran over curb

This morning this stupid girl cut me off twice causing me to almost run off the road. Was going prolly around 40 mph

I thought I ran over the curb but when I got out it looks like the curb hit the side of the wheel. There is a little tire peeling and the rim is "curbed" very slightly almost as if you would hit the curb parallel parking.

I thought the steering wheel was off and feeling weird immediately. I drove around for a bit dont hear any noises, and the car drives straight on a straight road. I let go of steering wheel and it tracks straight.

I also dont think I actually ran over the curb, not sure how it managed to hit the side of the wheel like that......should I get alignment done. I guess the curb was sticking out and I hit that

Any suggestions guys
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 06:20pm by 335i.)
25-04-2017 06:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
335i

RE: Ran over curb

Spent about 45 min driving around testing to see if all is good. Can swear the steering wheel looks little crooked but car doesn't pull in any direction really.....slow driving when braking car brakes fine.... no pull/steering in any other direction. Slow driving without hands on wheel car is straight.

Giving the car fast speed and letting it go and tracks straight....

Guess all is well
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 07:18pm by 335i.)
25-04-2017 07:17pm
dang

you'd be able to get the wheel repaired for not a lot. my misses curbed my wheels constantly. i watched her do it one day. as she drove up the curb the tire compressed so much the rim just rolled along the curb. i have now had alloy gators fitted.
25-04-2017 09:39pm
PhilSkill

Check your tyre pressures. Maybe touch up the damage with some paint if your confident enough as that can stop corrosion setting in.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-04-2017 10:39pm
Donny Dog

(25-04-2017 07:17pm)335i Wrote:  Spent about 45 min driving around testing to see if all is good. Can swear the steering wheel looks little crooked but car doesn't pull in any direction really.....slow driving when braking car brakes fine.... no pull/steering in any other direction. Slow driving without hands on wheel car is straight.

Giving the car fast speed and letting it go and tracks straight....

Guess all is well

It's amazing what you can imagine when you're worried about something like this ("I'm sure it wasn't like that before!"). Chances are, the car's fine.
25-04-2017 11:44pm