Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raise/tilt front of seat
fixmdude

RE: Raise/tilt front of seat

(23-03-2012 03:04am)slee18 Wrote:  I wouldn't buy a cadillac to save my life. Rather get the Audi Q5 or Lexus RX350 for better performance or technology then the SRX. SRX wasn't on my top 10 of vehicles to buy ironically Subaru Legacy and Nissan Pathfinder ranked before an SRX. But hey you got what you wanted enjoy your new ride

Audi is missing things that a $50k vehicle should have. No remote start? 100 less horsepower than the SRX at the comparable price range.
Lexus, good technology options, but even Motortrend thinks the ride is too mushy/slopy compared to the '12 SRX. I wanted the magnetic ride control that the Evoque held up out of my price range, almost near $60k, it's included in the SRX at $48k. I see you have the pricier Prestige, so you probably aren't factoring in the cost differences between the various trims of each vehicle.
Subaru Legacy is a sedan, too short to climb in and out of, no way to haul anything of any size.
Pathfinder is an SUV not a crossover, worse handing, less power, and worse mileage all in one.
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 06:02am by fixmdude.)
23-03-2012 04:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xvoyag

Way to go Fixum, I understand your frustration. What were they thinking? A common functionality (8-way power seats) which add tremendously to the comfort and convenience of the vehicle, and it's not available as an option on all trims, especially the Dynamic. I don't understand the logic of LR on this one.

Enjoy your SRX!
30-03-2012 02:44am
Poke

Does someone have the same document has attached for the manual seat version please ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

On Order Since 19 march 2012
Delivered 05 october 2012
Pure 5 Door, Orkney grey with Ebony Interior, Si4, Automatic, Wheel Style 4, Tech Pack, Visibility Pack, Pano Roof, Rear Cam, Powered Tailgate and Power Folding Mirrors.
30-03-2012 07:06am
BigFoot

(22-03-2012 11:39pm)fixmdude Wrote:  I replied to my dealer's letter appreciating my business and assuring me that if there was anything more I needed to be a happy customer to let them know. I asked for the dealer to install the parts needed to make the seat become 8-way, I was ready to pay a couple thousand if needed.

I was called today by the dealership and told that it would take a whole new seat and that the car's internal wiring would have to be replaced to deliver the greater amount of power needed. (bull, only one motor runs at a time) I was told that the wiring harness doesn't have enough wires so the car would have to be rewired with the Prestige package ontop of getting a new seat, which he said would cost $6,000 to $10,000! I asked him if he realized how insane what he was saying was: $10,000 to replace a seat? He said, No. I replied that buying the car was a mistake. He then tried to sell me a Prestige. I said I wouldn't buy one from him. He hung up on me.

On the way home I stopped at my local GM dealer and traded in my Pure Plus for a Cadillac SRX Performance as an even trade (Evoque sticker $50,700 down to SRX sticker $48k, their own price is $46k). The seat moves in every way. You can even adjust the seat bottom longer forward to make the seat deeper! I never saw that before, not only does the bottom tillt up but the front expands out up to behind your knees if you want. The floor pedals also adjust up and down. It has smart remote start that turns on the air or heat. 308 horse power. I can get the oil changed anywhere without driving 50 miles to a dealer. I can have heated seats and steering wheel without interfering with the tollway pass. The rear seats actually fit people. The navigation is actually usable. It has an analog and large digital speedometer. The full glass roof actually opens (not that I cared about that one.) The magnetic controlled ride is included (nice)! The floor doesn't slant forward so I can set my foot straight down while on cruise without twisting my ankle. An iPhone App can run diagnostics and can remote start the car from anywhere. The list goes on. I had looked at an SRX before and made the wrong choice based on Evoque's great online reviews and great looks. The poor dealer service was the last straw for me. If I could service it locally, or had a better dealer, I probably wouldn't have given up on it. Chalk this one up to a lesson learned.

You should have driven a couple more miles and checked out the TDI at your VW dealer Smile. My 1994 Ford Explorer has fully electroniclly adjustable driver seats, and passwnger seats including up, down, forward, backward, tilt, and lumbar. It's surprising to me a $50k "luxury" SUV would not include this 18 years later. That said, you probably could have gotten fully custom aftermarket seats far less than what your dealer quoted. It's also surprising to me the roof does not open, as it also does on my 1994 Ford (albeit not panoramic). Fortunately, I live in southern California where custom auto-pimping shops abound. I am pricing the mods for an opening roof and a fully adjustable passenger seat (i'm 6'-5" and my girlfriend is a foot shorter), and possibly 275 width tires, before I place my order. Any other mods I should be asking for? Thanks for the insight. At least I know I must order the Prestique if I choose to go this route.
Can any US owners verify whether the Dynamic or Prestigue trim has a passenger seat memory feature?
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 11:45pm by BigFoot.)
08-04-2012 11:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

According to the videos posted in the General section of a Pure+ and Pure + Dynamic (??) at Land Rover Charlotte in NC the Dynamic and Prestige in US spec both have 3 person memory seats for driver and front passenger seats.

I was a little surprised to hear the commentator say that in the USA the gas engine only runs on Premium Unleaded, in the UK it runs on regular unleaded and if you are mad enough to py the extra to feed it Premium it won't object to that either!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 10:22am by XFullFatTim.)
09-04-2012 10:20am
stevehill

(22-03-2012 03:27am)Thumper Wrote:  My dynamic is fully loaded and my seat doesn't tilt front and back. Is this even an option?

By the way... I feel like I am tilted forward all of the time which is very annoying. I would love to lift the front of the seat up 1". It was one of the first questions I asked the salesperson at delivery and he said they don't have the option.
Standard on the Prestige
09-04-2012 10:43am
ED209

(09-04-2012 10:20am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  According to the videos posted in the General section of a Pure+ and Pure + Dynamic (??) at Land Rover Charlotte in NC the Dynamic and Prestige in US spec both have 3 person memory seats for driver and front passenger seats.

I was a little surprised to hear the commentator say that in the USA the gas engine only runs on Premium Unleaded, in the UK it runs on regular unleaded and if you are mad enough to py the extra to feed it Premium it won't object to that either!

Thats because us petrol is lower quality than uk, us super is probably on par with uk standard petrol. Its all to do with the RON rating.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
09-04-2012 11:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks ED

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-04-2012 11:07am
slee18

The coupes get memory for both front seats. Im curious if could install a memory buttons on the passenger side if it would work or not.

We can run mid-grade 89 octane gas but loose fuel mileage if we do so. its not recommended if we are climbing hills and such. Its worse in California we have a "oxygenated fuel" to help burn cleaner but use more fuel to do so.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
10-04-2012 12:10am
Broadsword1959

(30-03-2012 07:06am)Poke Wrote:  Does someone have the same document has attached for the manual seat version please ?

See attached

Attached File(s)
.pdf  manual seats.pdf (Size: 95.47 KB / Downloads: 24)

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
10-04-2012 12:31am