Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
REport back on Sprint Booster attempt
HotLap

REport back on Sprint Booster attempt

All, several weeks ago I received my Sprint Booster for a 2011 and up RRE (gas) engine. Unfortunately the connector at the accel pedal has been changed over the years and the Sprint Booster won't fit. When plugged in the car went into "disabled mode" and I could feel the connector at top of accel pedal was loose and not quite fitting correctly.

The Sprint Booster connects into the Accel harness right above the accel pedal and sends a modified accel signal to the ECU. Won't make your RRE faster 0-60, but it does eliminate much of the "built in delay" in the accel circuit from factory. I have successfully used the Sprint Booster on several other vehicles and it makes the "throttle by wire" vehicles (all newer vehicles) drive much better without the built in hesitation.

Sorry if I've already posted this, don't think I did here was the other RRE forum.

If any of you have other suggestions around eliminating the built in hesitation I'm all ears, very annoying when I press the gas and nothing happens for a couple of seconds, ruins the driving experience for me and makes it difficult to drive smoothly.

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 06:33pm by HotLap.)
20-08-2015 06:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply