Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RESOLVED (with great dealer service!):First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!
DaveR

RE: First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!

Which dealership?
16-06-2012 08:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

An unfortunate fault to get on delivery, but it was found and sorted n the same day, what more could they do.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-06-2012 09:45am
doug

But who's Evoque have they robbed the part off!

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
16-06-2012 10:36am
ED209

(16-06-2012 09:45am)PhilSkill Wrote:  An unfortunate fault to get on delivery, but it was found and sorted n the same day, what more could they do.

Found it on the pdi perhaps? (if theyu had actually done their job properly first time round)

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
16-06-2012 01:23pm
Rossy100

First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!

In the end they actually needed to replace the whole locking bar (as pin had snapped inside) and found that they did actually have this part in stock so didn't have to take from another car!

Dealer is Stratstone in Bury. Also tonight, we had a knock on the door to find a very large bunch of flowers which had been sent by the dealer in further apology! Have to say, have really been bowled over by the excellent service received in both resolving and then compensating for the problem. Hats off to my salesman and the rest of the dealership team! In the nicest way possible though, I hope I don't see them again until the car is due servicing!!!

And in case anyone wondering....... Whilst I've not had chance to drive much yet.... Am absolutely loving the car!!
16-06-2012 11:28pm
vcanals

RE: RESOLVED (with great dealer service!):First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!

This is as things should be. A car can have little problems but if they are corrected by the dealer properly, the problem dissapears. The real problem is when the dealer doesn´t correct the problems and you get a poor service. Congratulations for you and your dealer as this is the way things should be done Very Happy

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
17-06-2012 10:08am
DaveR

RE: RESOLVED (with great dealer service!):First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!

+1. Any car produced today has 1000's of parts and it is always going to be unfortunate when they fail unexpectedly. (Especially on day 1) . But hats of to the dealer for trying to make the experience as palatable as possible. Other dealers take note , a little consideration goes a long way.
17-06-2012 10:29pm
ytshome

FairPlay to Stratstone Bury. I have a small problem with them at the moment but I hope that it can be sorted as smoothly as yours. Well done.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-06-2012 10:35pm
speary

Maybe Stratstone Bury have listened to crtiscism on this site. I tried to buy an Evoque from them and was completedly ignored of 30 mins despite there being at least 5 sales people on the pitch who were not with customers. Needless to say that I left and bought from Williams Manchester where i had a good experience

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-06-2012 08:28am
Teetree

(18-06-2012 08:28am)speary Wrote:  Maybe Stratstone Bury have listened to crtiscism on this site. I tried to buy an Evoque from them and was completedly ignored of 30 mins despite there being at least 5 sales people on the pitch who were not with customers. Needless to say that I left and bought from Williams Manchester where i had a good experience

+1 . Not even a "hello " . Or " can we help you?" we also went to williams . (Awaiting news due in aug. fingers crossed !)

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
18-06-2012 02:35pm