Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick clear windscreen?
jitenc

RE: Quick clear windscreen?

(28-01-2013 10:06pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!

I think you car is a HE.. it cannot multi task!! I am glad mine's a SHE....Wink

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-01-2013 06:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goldenboi79

I have to say, I almost took mine into be looked at because the heated windscreen seemed slow to clear. On my last Jag, it seemed much faster and more effective. I don't mind if it is slow, as long as it is actually working.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
29-01-2013 07:10am
mark_n

I was very pleasantly surprised during the recent bad weather in the UK how quickly it cleared. A few tens of seconds and the ice detached itself from the windscreen and the wipers cleared it. All done in less time than it took me to clear the side windows.

As for the fact that multiple buttons are not recognised at the same time, I find it hard to believe anyone expects that to happen.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-01-2013 09:32am
RacingSnake

I too was quite impressed with the speed my screen cleared during the ice, and I also had the seats on full whack too, and they were starting to warm up at the same time. No complaints on the heated 'stuff' from this side Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-01-2013 11:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scalle

belgium model 2013, i can put everything on at the same time (seats, screens, steering wheel)

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 10:35pm by cjfp.)
29-01-2013 10:24pm
jdiamond

Sorks brilliantly on my car. Can have rear, front demises on at the same time as the heated seats - no problem.

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
30-01-2013 12:51am
AndyF

I've have previously owned a Ford with heated windscreen and that could clear the screen after about 15 secs. My RRE struggles to do anything in 3 mins, but very occasionally does make a difference in roughly 1 min. I started to suspect that the car wasn't providing full power to prevent excessive drain on the battery (having just started the engine), so I experimented with pausing before switching the windscreen on to give the battery a chance to recover and then only switching the windscreen on. I concluded that it made no difference.

The only thing I learnt was that switching on the heated windscreen did cause the engine note to drop (as you would expect), so it seems the electricity is going somewhere.

Typically the fan manages to clear the lower windscreen before there is any evidence of the windscreen heater working.

Sometimes the heated windscreen has switched itself off before managing to defrost the screen.

The lowest temperature it has had to cope with so far is -10C.

Also my car seats are far slower to heat up than any other car with heated seats that I've owned.

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
06-02-2013 12:15am