Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions regarding features thread: Seeking definitive answers.
benzina

Any answers we can't find ,then if anyones going to the visit the factory, please take this list.
For owners lucky enough to already have this magnificent car in their possession,and know,or have access to some knowledgable LR techs at the dealer, then please place the definitive answers right here. Cheers.

1. I like wearing my seatbelt,but don't want,or need to be reminded. Can the ''seatbelt warning chime'' be switched off?
I heard that if it's like the other RR products, then their is a system that goes something like... getting in,switching on engine,then click seatbelt in and out about 20 or 30 times in a row. Is this it, or is their another way,if at all ?
And if the chiming can indeed be switched off, does the feature showing seated occupants on the dash still work? I'm only interested in stopping the chime.

2. Can the ''Open-door-engine-on warning chime'' be switched off? If yes, how?

3. Can the ''Power folding mirrors'' be used just as a fold-on-demand feature?

4. What material is used on the majority of the dashboard? Is it the same for all the three models?

5. The electric parking brake: Does it activate automatically when park is selected on the Auto? Does is
de-activate automatically on driving off? If yes to both questions, then is it bad for electric brake system to allow do this all the time?

6. Solar attenuating glass : Function? Which windows? Does it filter out more UV rays?

7. Can the Automatic dial selector be made to stay up all the time?

UPDATE: See post #6 for thread progress answers .

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 01:40am by benzina.)
04-11-2011 06:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: Questions regarding features thread: Seeking definitive answers.

1. Don't know
2. Don't know
3. Don't know
4. Don't know
5. Don't know
6. Don't know
7. maybe but the again don't know

Could not help myself !!!

It is Friday afternoon Cool

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 06:37am by Barneyridge.)
04-11-2011 06:36am
vision*R

1. Why on earth would you want to not wear a seatbelt?
3. Yes, it's a dealer enabled setting afaik.
4. Some kind of soft synthetic. In the Prestige it is full leather (front and top).
5. The brake de-actives automatically when driving off. My dealer said it was okay to actually use it. I've only driven a manual though.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
04-11-2011 08:00am
simonc

1. Don't know

2. Don't know

3. Yes - press both L & R buttons simultaneously

4. For Prestige and Dynamic Lux it's full leather, for Pure and regular Dynamic it's a soft effect material.

5. Can't recall if it activates automatically but it will deactivate automatically when you go into drive on the automatic and drive off (as long as seatbelt is in).

6. Don't know

7. Don't know

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
04-11-2011 08:15am
forest172

5. Putting unto P does enable the hand brake

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
04-11-2011 08:29am
benzina

Any answers we can't find ,then if anyones going to the visit the factory, please take this list.
For owners lucky enough to already have this magnificent car in their possession,and know,or have access to some knowledgable LR techs at the dealer, then please place the definitive answers right here. Cheers.

And we have.....

1. I like wearing my seatbelt,but don't want,or need to be reminded. Can the ''seatbelt warning chime'' be switched off?
I heard that if it's like the other RR products, then their is a system that goes something like... getting in,switching on engine,then click seatbelt in and out about 20 or 30 times in a row. Is this it, or is their another way,if at all ?
And if the chiming can indeed be switched off, does the feature showing seated occupants on the dash still work? Hope so,as i'm only interested in stopping the chime.

2. Can the ''Open-door-engine-on warning chime'' be switched off? If yes, how?

3. Can the ''Power folding mirrors'' be used just as a fold-on-demand feature?
A. Yes - press both L & R buttons simultaneously

4. What material is used on the majority of the dashboard? Is it the same for all the three models?
A. For Prestige and Dynamic Lux it's full leather, for Pure and regular Dynamic it's a soft effect material.

5. The electric parking brake: Does it activate automatically when park is selected on the Auto? Does is
de-activate automatically on driving off? If yes to both questions, then is it bad for electric brake system to allow do this all the time?
A. Can't recall if it activates automatically but it will deactivate automatically when you go into drive on the automatic and drive off (as long as seatbelt is in).
- Putting unto P does enable the hand brake

6. Solar attenuating glass : Function? Which windows ?Does it filter out more UV rays ?
A.Official LR website quotes : Solar attenuating glass - An infrared reflective coating that keeps the car cool in hot conditions.

7. Can the Automatic dial selector be made to stay up all the time?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 01:38pm by benzina.)
04-11-2011 10:19am
berlin2011

(04-11-2011 06:22am)benzina Wrote:  6. Solar attenuating glass : Which windows / please explain it's purpose?

My car is specced with Solar attenuating glass and while i'm still waiting to get it, my Topix spec has this line "INFRA RED REFLECTIVE WNDSCRN"

I presume that means the Windscreen is solar attenuating? From what I read before all Pan Roofs are also solar attenuating by default.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 12:33pm by berlin2011.)
04-11-2011 11:40am
evoque_virgin

7. No
05-11-2011 12:35am
benzina

(05-11-2011 12:35am)evoque_virgin Wrote:  7. No

Then just thinking laterally: Does it have it's own separate fuse that can be pulled when in the up position?

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 01:26am by benzina.)
05-11-2011 01:06am