Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quality of pure leather
BFGEvoqueMan

Quality of pure leather

I was in my local German dealer on Friday and looked at the colour samples. The Pure Grained leather is exactly the same as that which was on my MY10 (pre facelift) FL2 HSE model (except that was perforated in the middle section). The Oxford Leather is like a really smooth Nappa Leather.

I now feel much more assured that it is not a cheap and nasty option, and indeed with an eye on practicality (kids) this seems a better option?

Hope this helpsIdea

PS: I thought the European half leather options looked quite good, shame IMHO they are not on offer here (UK) as an option

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 09:01am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
21-08-2011 08:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorjan

RE: Quality of pure leather

I agree. I don't like leather, and would like to have an even full cloth seats option on the Dynamic model.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
21-08-2011 03:24pm
mortz

(21-08-2011 08:59am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I was in my local German dealer on Friday and looked at the colour samples. The Pure Grained leather is exactly the same as that which was on my MY10 (pre facelift) FL2 HSE model (except that was perforated in the middle section). The Oxford Leather is like a really smooth Nappa Leather.

I now feel much more assured that it is not a cheap and nasty option, and indeed with an eye on practicality (kids) this seems a better option?

Hope this helpsIdea

PS: I thought the European half leather options looked quite good, shame IMHO they are not on offer here (UK) as an option

Pure leather from an older cow......prestige leather from a younger cow......pure/grained leather should stand the test of time in terms of wear.......simples
25-08-2011 10:35pm
mark_n

I agree about durability. The softer, nappa type leather may look and feel great but it's rather less durable. It can stretch easily so that leaning into the car and pressing onto the seat with your fingers splayed can leave "dents" which may or may not come out. Soft lesather is also more easily abraded by the likes of buttons on the backs of trousers and generally needs more upkeep.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-08-2011 08:35am