Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quality Control hold.
ccars

Quality Control hold.

My Evoque Dynamic arrived last weekend. Collection was scheduled for yesterday, but dealer called to postpone as a Quality Control hold has been placed on this vehicle. Can anyone explain, as the dealer claims he has no further information.
Many thanks.
24-02-2012 01:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Quality Control hold.

There are several QC concerns with cars leaving the factory with problems such as trim not aligning, Fuji paint coverage issues to having the wrong transmission, It could be anything, what spec is your car?

BTW, Welcome to Forum!

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
24-02-2012 01:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There may be minor bodywork damage after shipping it across the Atlantic in the winter storms.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 01:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-02-2012 01:35pm
ccars

(24-02-2012 01:27pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  There are several QC concerns with cars leaving the factory with problems such as trim not aligning, Fuji paint coverage issues to having the wrong transmission, It could be anything, what spec is your car?

BTW, Welcome to Forum!

Thanks for the welcome.
Specs are: Dynamic Premium, Fuji white,Ebony trim, Climate Comfort, Vision Assist, Adapative Dynamic Suspension, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Blind Spot Monitor.

(24-02-2012 01:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There may be minor bodywork damage after shipping it across the Atlantic in the winter storms.

Personally inspected vehicle and no body damage of any sort.
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 03:32pm by ccars.)
24-02-2012 03:31pm
Straydox

(24-02-2012 01:19pm)ccars Wrote:  My Evoque Dynamic arrived last weekend. Collection was scheduled for yesterday, but dealer called to postpone as a Quality Control hold has been placed on this vehicle. Can anyone explain, as the dealer claims he has no further information.
Many thanks.

Can be all sorts of things - could quite possibly be a component/assembly error in the vehicle that has been part of a QA recall in the factory and they are in the process of double checking all effected vehicles. It happens.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
24-02-2012 03:35pm