Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim...
WB
WB

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim...

(06-01-2012 09:42am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I have spoken to my local body workshop and they will spray my grille and side fender trim for €100! (Result). My question is this; what colour is your grille Santorini or Narvik Black? I am thinking its santorini but would be grateful if you could confirm. Have you had any joy working out how to remove the tailgate finisher trim strip (above the number plate) as I will get this sprayed aswell.

CheersVery HappyVery Happy

Hi, Mine is Narvik although I think LR were producing them in Santorini at one point and then switched to Narvik.

I haven't got around to the tailgate finisher yet but will post if I work it out - I'm still not sure I'm going to do it on mine as on an OG car it looks almost body colour anyway.
(30-12-2011 03:47pm)gibbyd Wrote:  Was looking at the manual and that bit comes off with 2 screws undone. Wonder what it costs for the part to have play!!

Can you post a picture or let me know which page in the manual you're looking at?
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 11:21am by WB.)
06-01-2012 11:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gibbyd

(06-01-2012 11:20am)WB Wrote:  Hi, Mine is Narvik although I think LR were producing them in Santorini at one point and then switched to Narvik.

I haven't got around to the tailgate finisher yet but will post if I work it out - I'm still not sure I'm going to do it on mine as on an OG car it looks almost body colour anyway.

Can you post a picture or let me know which page in the manual you're looking at?

Sorry, meant the middle bit of the front bumper.
It comes off to fit your tow hook to be towed!!!
06-01-2012 10:19pm
WB
WB

Ah interesting didn't realise that - will have a look as I think wrapping that in black may be the next step.
07-01-2012 12:44am
spif888

I'm in Australia and am about to receive a Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure and have been undecided whether to purchase a new high gloss black grill and side vents or to recolour whats on the car.
Case 1: Purchase new parts from Dan at Duckworths in the UK for the equivalent of $187 and pay the shipping.
Case 2: Get the parts recoloured here in Brisbane by a reputable retoucher for $400.

Do any forum members in Brisbane know of any quality panel shops/retouchers that could do the work for less than what the parts cost in the UK?

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
08-01-2012 04:10am
Wicksy

Duckworth's are now charging £130 plus VAT for the grille and an outrageous price of £130 EACH Shocked for the side vents. There are also no parts in stock and they don't know when they will receive themConfused

Needless to say, my Pure will be staying the same way as it has left the factory.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 10:47am by cjfp.)
08-01-2012 10:09am
WB
WB

Call Nick at Land Rover Yeovil for all LR parts at a 20% off retail price and very reasonable shipping. He'll ship worldwide too!
08-01-2012 01:02pm
spif888

(08-01-2012 01:02pm)WB Wrote:  Call Nick at Land Rover Yeovil for all LR parts at a 20% off retail price and very reasonable shipping. He'll ship worldwide too!

New pricing for the grille and side vents from Nick. His email is below

"LR upped the pricing on these items on 1ST Dec

The grille went from £120 to £180 retail

And the side vents went from £53 to £138 for the 1 main part

Luckily the guy who bought the first set was mid November, had I known LR were to up the price I would have bought a load in but it was as much a surprise to me as everyone else

LR had obviously realised there was going to be a market for people to upgrade their Evouqes and have capitalised on it

Regards

Nick"

Enough said

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
09-01-2012 11:11am
WB
WB

(09-01-2012 11:11am)spif888 Wrote:  New pricing for the grille and side vents from Nick. His email is below

"LR upped the pricing on these items on 1ST Dec

The grille went from £120 to £180 retail

And the side vents went from £53 to £138 for the 1 main part

Luckily the guy who bought the first set was mid November, had I known LR were to up the price I would have bought a load in but it was as much a surprise to me as everyone else

LR had obviously realised there was going to be a market for people to upgrade their Evouqes and have capitalised on it

Regards

Nick"

Enough said

OUCH! - all the more reason to just wrap the side trims.
09-01-2012 11:41am
pureevoque

What's Nick's pricing for forum members now then?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
09-01-2012 05:01pm
WB
WB

(09-01-2012 05:01pm)pureevoque Wrote:  What's Nick's pricing for forum members now then?

Same as it was before - 20% off retail!
09-01-2012 05:11pm