Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Spec Alert
Blackseries

RE: Pure Spec Alert

(31-03-2011 08:58pm)cjfp Wrote:  Aren't DRL's of some form compulsory from Feb 2011 anyhow, so there must be some sort fitted ?!?

I assume Pures without Xenon will just have one pair of lights on all the time - like Volvo's used to do - but I don't know.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 09:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They were supposed to have been compulsory throughout Europe but a lot of countries including the UK couldn't agree whether or not they are of benefit. For example in this country there was a huge lobby from the bikers who claimed that if everybody had DRL's then we wouldn't see the bikers - if the bikers slowed down (this is a hobby-horse of mine BTW) the the rest of us might stand a chance of seeing them before they land in our laps or through the drivers door of our car! Rant over. I drive all the time now on dipped headlights, regardless of the weather/ light status. I am aware that my dull grey car is not that easily seen (even though it is huge!). I have one whinge with Land' Rover's automatic on headlights in that they leave it until it is almost dark before they switch on too, why? And dealers all claim they cannot adjust the light level at which they switch on - for goodness sake it's only a blinking light meter that operates a switch, it should able to be adjusted

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2011 09:29pm
Blackseries

I have a Mercedes and its auto lights are amazing. They have 2 inputs, the first, the external light meter, the second a database of lighting-up times. Goodness only knows where it gets the info from. I first noticed it when I was driving south one evening and it was just before sunset but it was absolutely blazing sunshine and suddenly the lights came on. When I queried this with the garage they told me about the lighting-up time dbase. Isn’t Technology wonderful.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 09:59pm
XFullFatTim

That's way too advanced for Land Rover. In my Freelander1 I had the Phillips Carin Satnav system which was a dealer fit LR accessory (I think I was about the only person in the UK to have it too!) That was very clever because it would change the dash clock and it's own clock when we changed from GMT to BST, automatically...................... my 2010MY FFRR cannot do that despite all the other hitech stuff in it and the Freelander was 2001 technology!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2011 10:23pm
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 10:23pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  it would change the dash clock and it's own clock when we changed from GMT to BST, automatically......................

All my Mercs have done that since 1999 – they just take the time from the sat nav signal and reset the cars systems .... I sincerely hope the RRE does it too - or I'll want my money back!

31-03-2011 10:34pm
XFullFatTim

Don't hold your breath!

31-03-2011 11:16pm