Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Spec Alert
Blackseries

Pure Spec Alert

This probably should have gone in “Have you spotted” section but to some people it could be quite a disappointment if you weren’t forewarned so I thought I would highlight it separately here.
So here goes.
Every picture of the Pure shows the strip of LED lights in the lower front bumper – but they are NOT standard. The standard car gets a “front bumper blade” which makes it sound like the front of a Jaguar XF – but it’s not .....it’s a rather naff grey plastic lump in the shape of the LED’s. I think to make sure you get the LED’s you need to choose the Fog light option. I will confirm that. I know it’s not the end of the world but if you ordered your car based on all the brochures expecting your car to come with LED’s ..... it won’t (UK Market)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 09:13am by Blackseries.)
31-03-2011 09:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Pure Spec Alert

The same goes for cars without the 8" central screen. I'm afraid the dashboard will look bad without the screen, and they're never showing such a version in the brochures either.
31-03-2011 10:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

According to my info the LED's only come with the optional Xenon lights - LR calls them "Signature" LED lights - on Pure versions. As Blackie says on a Pure you get a "Blade" BUT if having LEDs is so important to you but you aren't worried about having Xenon headlights then you can always visit Halfords for some Saxoboi LED strips....................... and save yourself about £685 over the £710 that having the option of Xenons is going to cost you. Fog lamps are yet another option. If you spec even the basic Xenon pack then you get the LED's and headlamp washers. I don't see any option for the Evoque puddle lamps on the pure though.

Vision - the pure still gets a 5" info screen in the dash - for the audio, basic satnav and hands free phone system so it's not like there is a big space there like my SE spec RRS had!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 10:52am by XFullFatTim.)
31-03-2011 10:45am
vision*R

5" is not very big - I'm guessing it will be as wide as the 8" but less high? Like a standard 2-line dot-matrix LCD? Or is it still fully graphical?
31-03-2011 10:57am
XFullFatTim

If you look in the e-brochure it shows it for the Pure - it looks like it has physical buttons around the edge rather than the virtual buttons on the screen of the 8" screen - ie the 5" screen is not a touch screen

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2011 11:01am
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 10:26am)vision*R Wrote:  The same goes for cars without the 8" central screen. I'm afraid the dashboard will look bad without the screen, and they're never showing such a version in the brochures either.

The original USA "Choose Evoque" site showed the 5" screen (it doesn’t anymore). The hole in the dash is the same size as the 8" but there is a number pad to the side of the screen - about the size of a packet of cigarettes. The screen itself comes out of the RRS – I think.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 11:05am
vision*R

Found it now. Indeed it's in the first e-brochure.
31-03-2011 11:13am
XFullFatTim

(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 11:27am by XFullFatTim.)
31-03-2011 11:15am
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 10:45am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Xenon lights - LR calls them "Signature" LED lights -

I think the "Signature" LED lights are the sort of "angel eyes" DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) in the headlamps themselves. I thought the lower LED's were DRL's as well but I don't think they are - I think they are the fog lamps - like Audis A6. So if you like the LRX look of the lower LED's then its £205 option to get them fitted at the factory.

31-03-2011 11:21am
cjfp

Aren't DRL's of some form compulsory from Feb 2011 anyhow, so there must be some sort fitted ?!?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-03-2011 08:58pm