Pure Rear Bumper Compatability with Dynamic Finisher

Quick Question for the forum.

Does anyone know if the Dynamic bumper finisher(s) seen here :

[Image: evoquedynamicfinisherLH.jpg]

Are compatible with with current Pure Bumper profile see here :

[Image: 2011%20LAND%20ROVER%20Range%20rover%20ev...20R1_1.jpg]

As I'm looking to do something similar to the LRX concept rear seen here :

[Image: 907394201-land-rover-lrx-concept.jpg]

But without having to get the complete dynamic bumper, and then recode a lot more of the painted area to match the bigger grey rubbing strips with are on the side of the pure models
07-06-2013 01:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Pure Rear Bumper Compatability with Dynamic Finisher

The more I look at these the more I think they might fit, just the exhaust tips that may need modifying or maybe not. Some that have changed Pure to Dynamic rear bumper might know if they are the same shape parts and fittings, Duckworths may be able to advise you.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-06-2013 02:14pm
speary

I think it would probably be easier to get a Dynamic bumper. If the parts do fit then the right hand one is easy as it comes off to reveal the towing eye, the left one is plastic welded to the rest of the bumper from what I remember from similar threads

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
07-06-2013 02:25pm
bktheboss
BREAKING SITE RULES

Hi guys, I created a picture to help on this issue:

As far as I can comment from the looks in this picture, I don't think a straight forward swap of the finishers between the two versions of the bumpers is possible. And I also want to point out that, as I have marked with arrows, the dynamic bumper has additional plastic trims which makes it taller in height with respect to the pure version so it appears closer to the ground hence looks sportier, not just the finishers' job I mean.
07-06-2013 03:43pm
Rein

I was thinking of doing the opposite. Dynamic bumper with modified pure/prestige inserts so I can fit round exhaust tips, but with a larger diameter as some have done on their pure/prestige exhaust tips. Maybe I end up frankensteining some inserts from dynamic and pure/prestige together. Thanks for the comparing image

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
09-06-2013 01:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Those plastic parts except where the tow eye is are plastic welded so that would be an issue.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-06-2013 11:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Unfortunately they do NOT fit - even though the angles are similar they are not the same. I bought a right hand trim and finisher from ebay and tried it on the pure bumper and it didn't work.

The plastic welding isn't that much of a problem as it can be heated up and removed. The only way to achieve the LRX look would be to buy a bumper (ebay usually has a few) and have it painted to match. You can get paint that matches the "unpainted" look of the pure/prestige bumpers.
10-06-2013 01:35pm
RRSteve

I may be a bit old fashioned here, but I do prefer the normal twin exhausts to the Dynamic ones! To me it just looks like the design of the Dynamics wasn't completed properly. Sort of a Halfords Sunday afternoon fit?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayi...752&pos=13
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 10:53am by RRSteve.)
13-06-2013 10:52am