Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gloss Black Handle Covers Fitted To Fuji White Dynamic
dynamicgirl

RE: Gloss Black Handle Covers Fitted To Fuji White Dynamic

(12-06-2013 03:34pm)WB Wrote:  I like the handle covers - very OEM looking.

Are those the VB rear lights? Can we see the fronts too please if you've fitted them and a 3/4 view of the rear?

Hi WB, thanks so much for the nice comments. I'm really pleased with the handle covers for the exact reason you mention, that they do look OEM. Yes, those are the VB Edition rear lights. I was able to fit those myself, but will have to wait until my Dad helps me to drop the front bumper so the new tinted VB fronts can go on. My folks live 100 miles away, but I have planned to visit them the first week in July (seems like forever to wait at the moment!). Having seen Powerful UK's You Tube video of the 'unofficial' way to remove the headlights on the Evoque, I did have a look at doing it myself, but I couldn't bring myself to risk scraping the front bumper or damaging the lights, so we'll do it the correct way. I also got a recent bargain of a brand new heated steering wheel, so Dad's going to be fitting that for me too (thanks to Dan at Duckworths for the slip ring!).

Is this the rear view you mean, Hun?

[Image: P1000722_zpsc773bfb6.jpg]

One of the rears lit (sorry I have none of them on in the dark, yet).

[Image: 769f53a1-2ea7-49a8-99e5-7127bde540df_zpsce3313b2.jpg]

In the meantime here is a little teaser of the VB Edition front lights (AFS Bi-Xenon). I think the front end is going to look really mean with these fitted. Smile Paula xx

[Image: 559b8635-c577-429d-8ec3-60d41edb6529_zpse5c392fd.jpg]
12-06-2013 04:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chrisr1806

Your Evoque looks great. Smile

After seeing these fitted, I have high hopes for Powerful uk. I ordered my mudflaps for my FL2 from them and I am awaiting delivery!

Thanks for posting these, even though I don't own an Evoque, it is nice to see other accessories from Powerful uk. Thumbs Up

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 06:58pm by Chrisr1806.)
12-06-2013 06:56pm
dynamicgirl

Thanks Chris! Funnily enough you just welcomed me to Freel2.com after my first post on there earlier today (Mikeysmummy over there). We have a FL2 as well, we're on our second one currently, which I've loved since day one of our ownership.

I've bought a couple of bits from Powerful UK now and from what I've seen it's great quality stuff and as a business they are so helpful. They initially sent me a set of chrome door handle covers in error, but no sooner had I emailed them to let them know, than they replied to say they had already sent out a replacement kit with a freepost label included, so I could return the chrome ones. Most places want the originals back first before they'll send out any more. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your FL2 mudflaps, Chris! Thanks again Very Happy. Paula xx
12-06-2013 07:52pm
Chrisr1806

Laughing Hopefully you will enjoy Freel2. We are all friendly over there too! Laughing

I was going to ask if you were a member of Freel2 when I noticed an FL2 in your pics, but you beat me to it. Laughing

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-06-2013 08:01pm
WB
WB

Thanks for the extra photos Paula!

Very cool to see the VB lights and can't wait to see the fronts on the car - all very subtle and tasteful mods and definite improvements. Plus only those of us in the know will spot them! I completely agree about not using the brute force (youtube) method on the front lights - definitely worth being patient and doing it properly.

Have you done the heated wheel conversion - its quite straightforward if you follow the two powerfulluk videos.
12-06-2013 09:10pm
jitenc

Hi Paula,
Where did you get the roof rails? Was it factory fitted or did you get it done yourself? Thinking of doing some mods to mine. Your evoque looks a beauty..

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-06-2013 07:04am
dynamicgirl

(12-06-2013 09:10pm)WB Wrote:  Thanks for the extra photos Paula!

Have you done the heated wheel conversion - its quite straightforward if you follow the two powerfulluk videos.

You're very welcome, WB Thumbs Up. I've got all the bits ready for the HSW conversion, but don't fancy doing it myself TBH. I've already sent links to those vids to my Dad and he's quite happy to fit the wheel for me, when I visit him in a couple of weeks. He's into doing all sorts of retrofits to his own car, so he can't wait to get stuck into mine, ..and if it goes wrong, then I can blame him, lol Laughing xx

(13-06-2013 07:04am)jitenc Wrote:  Hi Paula,
Where did you get the roof rails? Was it factory fitted or did you get it done yourself? Thinking of doing some mods to mine. Your evoque looks a beauty..

Hi Jitenc, thanks very much. The roof rails were factory fitted, so we could make use of a roof box at some point, but even cosmetically they do look quite subtle and not out of place. Smile xx
13-06-2013 09:49am