Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure 150 PS ordered
BFGEvoqueMan

Pure 150 PS ordered

Good to see a new forum site for the nee RR.

My order is siting with the dealer at the moment:

150 PS Pure 4wd man
Tech
20" wheels
Panoramic Roof
Electric Seats/mirrors
Fog Lights
Privacy Glass
Dipping rear view mirror

Hoping for delivery Jan 12.

Most exciting car i have seen for ages coming to market. as I only work 2 miles from JLR @ Gaydon the car is a regular spot on the way to work. Certainly makes the oposition lok dated and dullVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-04-2011 03:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

RE: Pure 150 PS ordered

(06-04-2011 03:10pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Good to see a new forum site for the nee RR.

My order is siting with the dealer at the moment:

150 PS Pure 4wd man
Tech
20" wheels
Panoramic Roof
Electric Seats/mirrors
Fog Lights
Privacy Glass
Dipping rear view mirror

Hoping for delivery Jan 12.

Most exciting car i have seen for ages coming to market. as I only work 2 miles from JLR @ Gaydon the car is a regular spot on the way to work. Certainly makes the oposition lok dated and dullVery Happy

Did your dealer say how far down the order list you are? I was the 57th to order an Evoque in one guise or another at Stratstone Newcastle and I'm told I might get November delivery - welcome to the forum by the way!
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 03:15pm by Wicksy.)
06-04-2011 03:12pm
paulus599

Wicksy, did the dealer actually contact you regarding the actual spec you were ordering or did you contact them?

Reason I'm asking is that I placed a deposit with the same dealer. At the time we were told that they had already had around 51 other deposits, since then however they have not been in touch so I have not placed a 'full' order, i.e. with full spec. Question is, does that then mean we are dropping down the list or will our posistion be fixed due to when we paid a deposit? - does that make sense??

(P.S. sent the dealer a couple of e-mails this week, but no reply so far)
06-04-2011 03:37pm
Wicksy

(06-04-2011 03:37pm)paulus599 Wrote:  Wicksy, did the dealer actually contact you regarding the actual spec you were ordering or did you contact them?

Reason I'm asking is that I placed a deposit with the same dealer. At the time we were told that they had already had around 51 other deposits, since then however they have not been in touch so I have not placed a 'full' order, i.e. with full spec. Question is, does that then mean we are dropping down the list or will our posistion be fixed due to when we paid a deposit? - does that make sense??

(P.S. sent the dealer a couple of e-mails this week, but no reply so far)

Hi Paulus
You won't drop down the waiting list, its based on the date they received the £1k deposit.
I only e mailed them yesterday and told them that I had sorted out the spec. Salesman told me to send it to him and when he was in a position to order he would do so - in all honesty I think we will be lucky to see our cars this yearSad
06-04-2011 03:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You will know when the dealer orders it.............. they will ask for another £1000 to fix it. ie you have an order when you have paid £2000

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 04:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2011 04:53pm
paulus599

Thanks Wicksy, that's what I'd understood but was just starting to panic!
Yes, I think you are correct about not seeing our cars this year, but you never know we may get a nice suprise! (ever the optimist!!!!)

That's the first I've heard about having to give another £1000 when the order is fixed. Is that a definate? Seems odd when they already have your £1000 which surely demonstrates your good intentions. Not a problem tho if they pay you interest for having it in their account for nearly a year Smile
06-04-2011 08:10pm
Urban Splash

(06-04-2011 08:10pm)paulus599 Wrote:  Thanks Wicksy, that's what I'd understood but was just starting to panic!
Yes, I think you are correct about not seeing our cars this year, but you never know we may get a nice suprise! (ever the optimist!!!!)

That's the first I've heard about having to give another £1000 when the order is fixed. Is that a definate? Seems odd when they already have your £1000 which surely demonstrates your good intentions. Not a problem tho if they pay you interest for having it in their account for nearly a year Smile

I don't think this extra £1000 is typical of all LR dealers. Don't think thats right.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
06-04-2011 08:16pm
Wicksy

(06-04-2011 08:16pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 08:10pm)paulus599 Wrote:  Thanks Wicksy, that's what I'd understood but was just starting to panic!

I don't think this extra £1000 is typical of all LR dealers. Don't think thats right.....

I think it was Tim that said that, Urban. My dealer hasn't mentioned anything to me about another grand either but obviously some are doing just that
06-04-2011 08:38pm
vinda

My dealer didn't mention the extra 1k. Hmm

Some dealers are pocketing an extra 40k in their accounts.

Sly dogs
14-04-2011 02:52am
bell-auto-services

My dealer only asked for a 500 quid deposit when a spec order was given.

I paid a good lump to my dealers as a deposit but that was my personal choice, some have not paid at all and showed interest in 2008 and some of them are on the list before me spec dependant or untill they drop out. And others only paid the 500 quid asking price which is refundable.

I think its down to the dealer what they ask for , but as said, some dealers are sitting on over 40k of deposits which is a little wrong me thinks.

Luckley for me if all goes to plan my car will be here in September 8th for the official release. Im told im car order number 6 so they wont have my money for that long.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 07:05pm by bell-auto-services.)
14-04-2011 07:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply