Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
exhaust cut out
Steve D

RE: exhaust cut out

Just to make a load noise when it gets to a certain revs, like what the Ferraris do!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-01-2016 09:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Yeah it's basically for being anti-social and pi..ing off everyone you drive past " 'cause it sounds cool "... NOT

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-01-2016 10:20pm
wheels

(07-01-2016 10:39am)Steve D Wrote:  Why? You don't. But hey, thanks for the 'advice' you're a real help!

Why didn't you google these questions?

"Hi, new here. Just bought an evoque. Very informative forum, glad I found it"

"The question came up today discussing cars, how many car keys cars generally come with new.
He said three or four keys were common today, since I only have two I started wondering.
How many keys does the evoque come with new? Mine is MY2012"

"Thought so too, had to ask. Thanks"

"Is possible to connect the rear camera (NTSC) directly to the Navi, without to install a module?"

"I have video but no tv, but have dual screen. Could this be it?"
Pissed of?
I did use google, because wasnt sure exatly what he meant.
And NO, I dont know if there is a cut out that is specially made for the Evoque, so I didnt make a reply to the op

The questions I have put on this forum I couldnt find on the net so I put it here
Satisfied?

(07-01-2016 09:10pm)dang Wrote:  for what purpose does that serve? or is someone going to tell me to google it
Most times I find the answer a lot quicker on the net, instead of being lazy and just put up a question. What is it, or something like that and then have to wait for an answer, making the op to further explain himself. It just shows you are not very interested in giving hints to where to possibly find the information, waisting his time
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 08:48am by wheels.)
08-01-2016 08:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Raw Behr welcome to the forum. There is a forum "search" function to assist in finding answers to questions like most of yours.
Regarding Exhaust Bypass Valves, there are relatively few owners of gasoline powered Evoques on the forum as the vast majority of Evoques are Diesel powered and the exhaust note ends up being more of a fart than a thundering great V8 noise. We have a dedicated board for North American based owners and you would be more likely to get a specific item like that answered there than in the general section even though Suriname is not North America your car is probably a US Spec car. Unfortunately noise regulations in Europe often make fitting this sort of device illegal so we don't even get to buy them here.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 09:48am by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2016 09:42am
Raw Behr

(08-01-2016 09:42am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Raw Behr welcome to the forum. There is a forum "search" function to assist in finding answers to questions like most of yours.
Regarding Exhaust Bypass Valves, there are relatively few owners of gasoline powered Evoques on the forum as the vast majority of Evoques are Diesel powered and the exhaust note ends up being more of a fart than a thundering great V8 noise. We have a dedicated board for North American based owners and you would be more likely to get a specific item like that answered there than in the general section even though Suriname is not North America your car is probably a US Spec car. Unfortunately noise regulations in Europe often make fitting this sort of device illegal so we don't even get to buy them here.

Thanks for your replay,

I was looking it to this because, i don't want to drive all day with a lot of noise. I have written that especially cars with a turbo can have a big power gain.
what do you think?
08-01-2016 06:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would image that an ECU remap would be better if you only want more power and not the extra noise. Problem is remaps don't usually mix very well with any sort of warranties andf you are likely to find you invalidate any warranty you have by remapping although there are a few remappers who will ovcer a very limited warranty. Forum sponsor BAS do remaps for the diesel engined Evoques but I don't know if they do one for the petrol engined versions and Pete bell is help in very high regard for his remaps.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-01-2016 10:35pm