Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production problem - check your Evoque!
muff

Production problem - check your Evoque!

I too picked up our brand new one today. Thankfully all is well in this regard. Feckin delighted!
24-11-2012 08:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeemerBoy

RE: Production problem - check your Evoque!

(24-11-2012 06:37pm)WB Wrote:  Congrats!

Out of interest what is your build date on topix and is it a 5 door or coupe?

I just updated my signature with the spec - please check out the photo here(http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-SD4-Orkney-Grey) and let me know what you think.

I got an e-mail from the dealer telling me my vehicle was complete on the 7th November. So hopefully anyone on or around that date will be fine Smile

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 09:03pm by BeemerBoy.)
24-11-2012 09:02pm
WB
WB

(24-11-2012 09:02pm)BeemerBoy Wrote:  I just updated my signature with the spec - please check out the photo here(http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-SD4-Orkney-Grey) and let me know what you think.

I got an e-mail from the dealer telling me my vehicle was complete on the 7th November. So hopefully anyone on or around that date will be fine Smile

Mine was built 6th Nov but as yours is a coupe the rear quarter panel is different. All the ones I saw with the issue were 5 doors.
24-11-2012 09:27pm
Samson

(23-11-2012 09:47pm)WB Wrote:  I was at my dealer today and every one of the four Evoques they were prepping for collection had a flaw in the driver side rear quarter panel!

Unfortunately one of them is my new car!

I took some photos of two of the cars below and suggest anyone who has collected their car recently or is about to collect their car check for the same issue. Its like a blob (but its not just paint!) above the reverse light. It looks to be a problem with the welding I think. It looks small but is actually very noticeable and my eye was drawn to it immediately.

I'm sure the dealer will sort it out but I'm very disappointed that it will need to remedial work before I've taken delivery.

Don't have this problem WB, but annoyingly noticed that the gap on the passenger side of the boot door is bigger than the driver side. Will call the dealers on Monday - QC should have spotted this! Anybody else have this issue? Anybody had this - how was it fixed?

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
25-11-2012 12:46pm
PhilSkill

(25-11-2012 12:46pm)Samson Wrote:  annoyingly noticed that the gap on the passenger side of the boot door is bigger than the driver side. Anybody had this - how was it fixed?

Mines going in Wednesday as it has exactly this and has got worse to the point it's squeaking slightly over large bumps, also goes in for a door panel rattle that is driving me crazy, they ran out of time in the normal service to fix either.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2012 02:34pm
ChuckieB

(25-11-2012 12:46pm)Samson Wrote:  Don't have this problem WB, but annoyingly noticed that the gap on the passenger side of the boot door is bigger than the driver side. Will call the dealers on Monday - QC should have spotted this! Anybody else have this issue? Anybody had this - how was it fixed?

Check the fit all all the way round and particularly the alignment around the waist finisher. Had my tailgate adjusted. The misalignment eventually impacted on the operation of the powered tailgate. All much improved now with no recurring problems.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
25-11-2012 05:00pm
brianthedog

(24-11-2012 09:27pm)WB Wrote:  Mine was built 6th Nov but as yours is a coupe the rear quarter panel is different. All the ones I saw with the issue were 5 doors.

You obviously have a very good eye as I never noticed until your post. I believe my 5 door was built on the 6 Oct and it looks exactly like yours.

I did not think it is so bad and maybe best left rather than presumably filed and re-sprayed? Are you going to get yours fixed, if so what do they need to do to it?

However, once I started looking... WT* is this? It looks like something under the paint rather than a paint blob. It is on the nearside rear just under the lamp cluster and above the bumper. It is hard to photograph but I am much less happy with this oneCrying.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
25-11-2012 06:39pm
WB
WB

(25-11-2012 06:39pm)brianthedog Wrote:  You obviously have a very good eye as I never noticed until your post. I believe my 5 door was built on the 6 Oct and it looks exactly like yours.

I did not think it is so bad and maybe best left rather than presumably filed and re-sprayed? Are you going to get yours fixed, if so what do they need to do to it?

However, once I started looking... WT* is this? It looks like something under the paint rather than a paint blob. It is on the nearside rear just under the lamp cluster and above the bumper. It is hard to photograph but I am much less happy with this oneCrying.

Wow so the factory has been churning out this fault for at least a month and nobody has noticed!

Your other blemish looks very poor too - clearly LR need to step up QC!!!

I won't be accepting the car until it has been fixed to factory standard (the good standard that is!). I'm also going to ask for that to be put in writing by LR.

(25-11-2012 12:46pm)Samson Wrote:  Don't have this problem WB, but annoyingly noticed that the gap on the passenger side of the boot door is bigger than the driver side. Will call the dealers on Monday - QC should have spotted this! Anybody else have this issue? Anybody had this - how was it fixed?

I think you should be ok with that as its likely to be fixable with an adjustment. Knout of interest what's your build date?
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 09:42pm by WB.)
25-11-2012 09:18pm
andyc747

Went & checked my 5 door at the dealers today & it has the same fault. Not sure if its something that will bother me or not. Will point it out on collection to the dealer

Ordered 23/7/12 Dynamic SD4 Manual with Lux Pack, Firenze Red, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenon, Spare Wheel

Original Build Date as of 18/10 was 3/12/12, actual build date 14/11/12

Delivery - 21/11/12 Very Happy
25-11-2012 10:33pm
WB
WB

(25-11-2012 10:33pm)andyc747 Wrote:  Went & checked my 5 door at the dealers today & it has the same fault. Not sure if its something that will bother me or not. Will point it out on collection to the dealer

Do you know your build date by any chance?
26-11-2012 10:08am