Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with changing order....
paulus599

RE: Problems with changing order....

I've just had it confirmed from my dealer that the change I requested yesterday (reverting to a body coloured roof instead of the black) has gone through.
My build date is not until the back end of October, and this has not been affected.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-08-2011 01:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

(09-08-2011 01:28pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I've just had it confirmed from my dealer that the change I requested yesterday (reverting to a body coloured roof instead of the black) has gone through.
My build date is not until the back end of October, and this has not been affected.

Then best you change your signature asap!Smile

Oops, you beat me to it.

Happy though that you've been able to make the change - very inconsistent behaviour from delaers

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 01:31pm by berlin2011.)
09-08-2011 01:30pm
paulus599

(09-08-2011 01:30pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Then best you change your signature asap!Smile

Done! Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-08-2011 01:31pm
Mallam

(09-08-2011 12:50pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 10:53am)Mallam Wrote:  My build date is mid October for a start of November delivery. I've literally just got back from the dealers to change my order. I've added different alloys and adaptive dynamics and removed privacy glass. Seemed to go through ok although they said it was almost as late as I could do it. Not sure whether the fact that I was adding over a grand worth of extras made a difference.

Did you manage to keep the same build slot?

Caroline11000 - I did keep the same build slot. The dealers said that they'd had quite a few people going to the York event, coming back and wanting to change spec so I guess I'm not the only one
09-08-2011 03:01pm
caroline11000

I went to my dealer yesterday and managed to add rear camera to my order no problem. He said I had until 5th October to make any changes and it hasn't changed my build date luckily. I decided against the ebony headliner in the end after seeing 2 freelanders one with black leather/black healiner & another with black leather/ivory headliner, like some of you have suggested the ivory makes the car more airy & spacious and also saves £250! They did say the only changes that would affect build slots is the major ones like body type or engine change otherwise most other changes can be done without affecting build slots.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2011 09:45am by caroline11000.)
10-08-2011 09:43am
paulelescoces

I submitted my final spec yesterday which also involved switching from Dynamic to Prestige among quite a few other items, According to the dealer this is not an issue for the delivery date which is expected in October.
10-08-2011 10:25am
Rehan

(10-08-2011 10:25am)paulelescoces Wrote:  I submitted my final spec yesterday which also involved switching from Dynamic to Prestige among quite a few other items, According to the dealer this is not an issue for the delivery date which is expected in October.

By the sounds of it, im the only one having bother with making minor changes. You would have thought dealerships would show abit of leaway as most people have not seen the car in the flesh.
10-08-2011 10:41am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rehan you have a build date of 14th October, you may well be too late but you should go and create a scene at the dealership all the same

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2011 10:49am by XFullFatTim.)
10-08-2011 10:47am
caroline11000

(10-08-2011 10:41am)Rehan Wrote:  
(10-08-2011 10:25am)paulelescoces Wrote:  I submitted my final spec yesterday which also involved switching from Dynamic to Prestige among quite a few other items, According to the dealer this is not an issue for the delivery date which is expected in October.

By the sounds of it, im the only one having bother with making minor changes. You would have thought dealerships would show abit of leaway as most people have not seen the car in the flesh.

I think I would go back to your dealer and say you know of other people who have changed their order so why can't you? Your build date is only 2 weeks infront of mine and I have got until 5th October to change! Have you got a copy of the order form with the build date on because it also says the 'last date of order change' on?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
10-08-2011 10:50am
Rehan

They havent gave me a copy of the order forum. may phone them today and ask for it.

Was going to change to the black headlining and add a heated steering wheel for the cold winters but could be a blessing that i cant change, as someone has said it makes the interior a little to dark

was going to change the headlining
(10-08-2011 10:50am)caroline11000 Wrote:  
(10-08-2011 10:41am)Rehan Wrote:  

I think I would go back to your dealer and say you know of other people who have changed their order so why can't you? Your build date is only 2 weeks infront of mine and I have got until 5th October to change! Have you got a copy of the order form with the build date on because it also says the 'last date of order change' on?
10-08-2011 11:43am