Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with changing order....
Rehan

Problems with changing order....

Has anyone else tried changing there order??

Iv ordered the following, build date 14th october

SD4 Dynamic Auto 5 Door 190Bhp
Firenze Red / Vortex interior
Contrast roof in Black
Style 7 20" alloys
Auto dimming interior mirror
Privacy glass
Panoramic roof

Unfortunatly i was unable to go to the gleneagles event in scotland so i have yet to see it in the flesh. Due to this i have been worried about few minor details such as headlining. Tried to change to ebony headlining as it matches with the leather but was told i was far too late to change anything on the order Sad

anyone else had similar problems making minor changes
09-08-2011 03:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: Problems with changing order....

No. I've made changes. My build date is slightly later though.
09-08-2011 06:35am
xxxx5

I have made changes folllwoing the York event, this topic has been covered already, but I believe it is down to either a unhelpful dealer or if your oder has been locked in ready for build.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
09-08-2011 06:48am
mark_n

Inevitably, orders have to be frozen so that the parts needed to build your car can be scheduled for your build date. Remember that the actual build of the car is right at the end of a supply chain which goes way back to the basic raw materials - metals and oil in the ground, cows which have generously donated their skins for your seats and so on. It's interesting to wonder how long ago the copper in the wiring, for example, was being mined in, say Chile or Zambia.

If anything, there's more flexibility than there used to be but you're skating on thin ice with less than 3 months to build.

I agree with you about a black headlining for a black interior though. The only solution would be to see if the dealer will keep the car and give you another (later) delivery slot.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-08-2011 07:04am
defender_uk

told today no go on change of colour for the car, since the grey, which I ordered is not actually grey, but silver. As I hate silver, looks like I will cancel and have to have a later build slot! Really annoyed, as i believe this is really mis-selling.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
09-08-2011 10:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mallam

My build date is mid October for a start of November delivery. I've literally just got back from the dealers to change my order. I've added different alloys and adaptive dynamics and removed privacy glass. Seemed to go through ok although they said it was almost as late as I could do it. Not sure whether the fact that I was adding over a grand worth of extras made a difference.
09-08-2011 10:53am
Rodinleeds

I attended the venue at York and have managed to change my roof colour, interior leather colour, console colour and add the parking gizmo.
09-08-2011 11:17am
caroline11000

(09-08-2011 03:49am)Rehan Wrote:  Has anyone else tried changing there order??

Iv ordered the following, build date 14th october

SD4 Dynamic Auto 5 Door 190Bhp
Firenze Red / Vortex interior
Contrast roof in Black
Style 7 20" alloys
Auto dimming interior mirror
Privacy glass
Panoramic roof

Unfortunatly i was unable to go to the gleneagles event in scotland so i have yet to see it in the flesh. Due to this i have been worried about few minor details such as headlining. Tried to change to ebony headlining as it matches with the leather but was told i was far too late to change anything on the order Sad

anyone else had similar problems making minor changes

Oh no! My build date is slightly later than yours but I would like to add rear camera and am thinking of changing the headlining to black as I also have gone for black leather interior on my Pure and not sure if ivory headlining will look any good with black interior and white exterior!
As I haven't seen any Evoques in the flesh what is everyones opinion with the headlining colours with black leather?
I will let you know if I am able to change my order or not as I intend to call them this week!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
09-08-2011 11:27am
Urban Splash

The best guide is looking at the LR online configuration. Select ebony headlining and swivel the view to look back, at the back seats. I went for ebony headlining with cirrus interior! Hope it looks good!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
09-08-2011 12:11pm
caroline11000

(09-08-2011 10:53am)Mallam Wrote:  My build date is mid October for a start of November delivery. I've literally just got back from the dealers to change my order. I've added different alloys and adaptive dynamics and removed privacy glass. Seemed to go through ok although they said it was almost as late as I could do it. Not sure whether the fact that I was adding over a grand worth of extras made a difference.

Did you manage to keep the same build slot?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
09-08-2011 12:50pm