Naff.
Nice.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Private Plates
Mudi1

RE: Private Plates

(04-04-2012 01:20am)PigLauncher Wrote:  Laughing No they are not. But it's early days. The tasteful crew might be along shortly.

Ha! Never seen one with PIG in it, but if I did I would always look at the driver and wonder whether he was one. - no offence!
04-04-2012 11:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

(04-04-2012 11:46pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Ha! Never seen one with PIG in it, but if I did I would always look at the driver and wonder whether he was one. - no offence!

No offence taken. A pig launcher is a means of sending a pipe cleaning tool between offshore platforms or to the refinery on the beach. Even if I lacked taste and was seriously minted it would not be my choice of plate.

What about B1G ? There are plenty of them out there. Each one driven by a tool that is not a pipe cleaning device.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 01:26am by PigLauncher.)
05-04-2012 01:25am
mark_n

I have 4 personal plates, consecutive with my initials.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-04-2012 12:45pm
Mudi1

(05-04-2012 01:25am)PigLauncher Wrote:  No offence taken. A pig launcher is a means of sending a pipe cleaning tool between offshore platforms or to the refinery on the beach. Even if I lacked taste and was seriously minted it would not be my choice of plate.

What about B1G ? There are plenty of them out there. Each one driven by a tool that is not a pipe cleaning device.

Well, I knew PL couldn't have been as I imagine (i.e: rockets are launched), but thanks for the insight. You are right about BIG, especially when they push in front, it is to easy to mutter additional words that are totally unsuitable for the forum.
08-04-2012 12:39am
3V0QU3

Private Plates

I am lucky enough to have a very short name and therefore my full name on my plates, not bad for £250. Worth changing your name for Smile
[Image: 6d9b39b0-a5a0-8499.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 03:50pm by 3V0QU3.)
08-04-2012 07:58am
Pommyboi

I was thinking about private plates this weekend as I have lived in Leamington Spa/Warwick for some time and still visit a lot. If I see an FFRR, RRS and probably in the next few years RREs in the area I tend to assume they are JLR company cars unless they have a private plate so I think I'd get a private plate if I lived there.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
08-04-2012 10:54am
smayo

If you have an Evoque on the drive, then not a lot of point in a non age specific plate right now.

Personally I've got 2 plates which look very like my name. Until a few years back they looked even better because the letter D in them on the old style fonts looked very like an O (which is probably the reason the font was changed for ANPR).

When I bought them, I only needed 1, but bought the other as an investment, that in theory I could sell privately to cover the cost of both. Also got them cheap direct from the DVLA, but they are getting wiser to the "not quite" specific name/word plates nowadays.

As an investment I am quite pleased though because I bought one for £400, in the format A11 AAA, and the A1 AAA version is up for sale at £28k and the A111 AAA one has been up previosuly for £3k.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
08-04-2012 02:07pm