Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige Spec v Pure Spec
Urban Splash

Prestige Spec v Pure Spec

I have been doing some price comparisons between Prestige and Pure. Trying to spec a Pure similar to Prestige to actually see what extra you get.....

SD4 Auto 4WD Prestige
Privacy Glass 350.00
Fixed Panoramic Roof 460.00

Total £39,785.00

SD4 Auto 4WD Pure Tech 33,200.00
Privacy Glass 350.00
Fixed Panoramic Roof 460.00
Xenon with LED Signature 710.00
Fog Lamps - Front 205.00
Metallic Paint 550.00
19" Style 5 Wheels 675.00
Premium mats 80.00
Memory Seats 900.00

Total £37,130.00

Difference £2,655.00

So, for over 2 grand you get full leather interior, higher quality leather seats, extra styling. Oh and a silver badge to show how posh you are!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
05-04-2011 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

RE: Prestige Spec v Pure Spec

You get more than that. Refer to page 6 of the price list pdf. Also metallic paint, except Barolo Black, is free.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 03:06pm by Kermit.)
05-04-2011 03:03pm
cjfp

Urban had metallic paint in his calculation. I totally agree with Urban - I spec'd a Pure and was getting near to Prestige price so looked at that but there were still things I had to add and was over £40k for the Prestige but £36k for the Pure with only a few minor things extra on the Prestige that I wasn't fussed about and didn't want to pay £4k for.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-04-2011 05:36pm
Urban Splash

(05-04-2011 05:36pm)cjfp Wrote:  Urban had metallic paint in his calculation. I totally agree with Urban - I spec'd a Pure and was getting near to Prestige price so looked at that but there were still things I had to add and was over £40k for the Prestige but £36k for the Pure with only a few minor things extra on the Prestige that I wasn't fussed about and didn't want to pay £4k for.

I'm in the same position... There are some things on the Prestige I can live without, such as the larger wheels, memory seats....therefore a specced up Pure looks the better option.

Also, my dealer suggests that the majority of orders finalised to date have been for Dynamic or Prestige, therefore despite build starting for Pure a month later, I might actually take delivery earlier than those ordering a Prestige....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
05-04-2011 05:46pm
cjfp

Ssssshhhhhhh!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-04-2011 07:02pm
Urban Splash

(05-04-2011 07:02pm)cjfp Wrote:  Ssssshhhhhhh!

Embarrassed

05-04-2011 07:23pm
bluebear

Yup agreed, just specced up my Pure and it has everything I need and want and it comes to just over £37k for the coupe. A bargain compared to the Prestige IMHO

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
05-04-2011 10:50pm
Urban Splash

Agree...

05-04-2011 10:56pm
Blackseries

Ok this may be a bit rambling but here goes..... one thing I find very odd about the pricing of the Evoque is the way if you spec up a Pure with the stuff that’s in a Prestige or Dynamic its actually cheaper to buy the Pure. With most other manufactures the higher up the food chain you go the better the value is. Normally the reason for this is the options added to the base model at full retail price have big margins built in that allow the next grade up to “bundle” these options and offer a discount but not in the case of the Evoque. All the options are added at full retail and then an additional charge is made – approx £1500 for the body kit (which in reality I can’t imagine would cost any more than a Pure or Prestige exterior) or £2000 for the leather upgrade in the Prestige – now bear in mind the Pure already has leather so this is for an upgrade – now if we hadn’t already paid a hefty margin on all the options that made the Prestige then a £2k upgrade for leather dashboard and Windsor leather on the seats would seem reasonable – but on top of full price options for me it’s not. For example the 20” wheel upgrade = £900 now there is no way it cost JLR £900 EXTRA to put 20” wheels on instead of 18” wheels (remember the 18” wheels are included in the cost of the Pure already). The reality is probably no more than £200-£300 tops now if that now multiplied for all the options that make up the Dynamic & Prestige the margin they must be making on these versions must be phenomenal. I would have thought the P & D would have been £35-36K and then I would assume a lot of Pure purchasers would have gone the P & D route.

Thats's probably as clear as mud ........ Rant over .......

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
06-04-2011 03:15pm
Urban Splash

This is just my opinion.....LR/RR customers are very 'badge conscious' As such, HSE is seen as a 'must have' level of specification for both Discovery and RRS. The same applies here. Prestige and Dynamic is the 'must have HSE' scenario. That red or silver Evoque badge is so important! Why else would they have specific colours for specific models?

06-04-2011 04:01pm