Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Powertrain Control Module
paisan

Had my Pure TD4 manual in for some warranty work , nothing serious just the infamous "clicking" from the front.

Mentioned to dealer that MPG was not as high as hoped/advertsied or near my previous Freelander 1 TD4 . Have done 5000 miles , average 35 - 37 mpg motorway driving mostly , about 400 miles a week. Dealer have suggested engine loosening up should happen around 10,000 miles.
They did diagnostic and no fault found. Then they applied "latest" software dowload ( my car built mid March 2012) to Powertrain control module D35.42.02.02.02.0.20 /12.90.16 / .

Am currently monitoring the MPG ( its only been a week since download) .

First impression is that gear change points have changed , first gear certainly improved. Used to be around 9 mph (sorry didnt pay attention to RPM ) to change into 2nd but now higher speed . Same for all other gears , so am re-learning the tolerances. Bit like when you get a hire car and you have to get used to the different clutch bite point etc.
21-07-2012 11:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

(21-07-2012 11:50am)paisan Wrote:  Had my Pure TD4 manual in for some warranty work , nothing serious just the infamous "clicking" from the front.

Mentioned to dealer that MPG was not as high as hoped/advertsied or near my previous Freelander 1 TD4 . Have done 5000 miles , average 35 - 37 mpg motorway driving mostly , about 400 miles a week. Dealer have suggested engine loosening up should happen around 10,000 miles.
They did diagnostic and no fault found. Then they applied "latest" software dowload ( my car built mid March 2012) to Powertrain control module D35.42.02.02.02.0.20 /12.90.16 / .

Am currently monitoring the MPG ( its only been a week since download) .

First impression is that gear change points have changed , first gear certainly improved. Used to be around 9 mph (sorry didnt pay attention to RPM ) to change into 2nd but now higher speed . Same for all other gears , so am re-learning the tolerances. Bit like when you get a hire car and you have to get used to the different clutch bite point etc.

And what did they do about the clicking?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
22-07-2012 02:09pm
paisan

RE: Powertrain Control Module

The clicking ( happened in very slow speed such as reversing into park spot , or creeping forward under 5 mph) turned out to be lower control arms. Replaced the bolts and re-torqued them , believe there is a JLR Topix so its common enough by now.
22-07-2012 07:50pm