babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Powertrain Control Module - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Powertrain Control Module (/Thread-Powertrain-Control-Module)

Powertrain Control Module - paisan - 21-07-2012 11:50am

Had my Pure TD4 manual in for some warranty work , nothing serious just the infamous "clicking" from the front.

Mentioned to dealer that MPG was not as high as hoped/advertsied or near my previous Freelander 1 TD4 . Have done 5000 miles , average 35 - 37 mpg motorway driving mostly , about 400 miles a week. Dealer have suggested engine loosening up should happen around 10,000 miles.
They did diagnostic and no fault found. Then they applied "latest" software dowload ( my car built mid March 2012) to Powertrain control module D35.42.02.02.02.0.20 /12.90.16 / .

Am currently monitoring the MPG ( its only been a week since download) .

First impression is that gear change points have changed , first gear certainly improved. Used to be around 9 mph (sorry didnt pay attention to RPM ) to change into 2nd but now higher speed . Same for all other gears , so am re-learning the tolerances. Bit like when you get a hire car and you have to get used to the different clutch bite point etc.

Powertrain Control Module - Kimv - 22-07-2012 02:09pm

(21-07-2012 11:50am)paisan Wrote:  Had my Pure TD4 manual in for some warranty work , nothing serious just the infamous "clicking" from the front.

Mentioned to dealer that MPG was not as high as hoped/advertsied or near my previous Freelander 1 TD4 . Have done 5000 miles , average 35 - 37 mpg motorway driving mostly , about 400 miles a week. Dealer have suggested engine loosening up should happen around 10,000 miles.
They did diagnostic and no fault found. Then they applied "latest" software dowload ( my car built mid March 2012) to Powertrain control module D35.42.02.02.02.0.20 /12.90.16 / .

Am currently monitoring the MPG ( its only been a week since download) .

First impression is that gear change points have changed , first gear certainly improved. Used to be around 9 mph (sorry didnt pay attention to RPM ) to change into 2nd but now higher speed . Same for all other gears , so am re-learning the tolerances. Bit like when you get a hire car and you have to get used to the different clutch bite point etc.

And what did they do about the clicking?

RE: Powertrain Control Module - paisan - 22-07-2012 07:50pm

The clicking ( happened in very slow speed such as reversing into park spot , or creeping forward under 5 mph) turned out to be lower control arms. Replaced the bolts and re-torqued them , believe there is a JLR Topix so its common enough by now.