Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible purchase advice needed
scrannel

RE: Possible purchase advice needed

(09-05-2015 05:52pm)gjd10002 Wrote:  Hi Scrannel

From 2011 to 2015 model year Dynamic comes with MagneRide as standard in UK. For UK 2016 model year Dynamic is replaced by HSE Dynamic, which does not come with Magneride as standard but it is available as a cost option. Lesser models do not even have MagneRide as an option, I wish they did because I'd have gone for it on my PuteTech model!

Gary

Hey Gary,

Thanks. Looks like the Dynamic, again, is the only USA spec car that comes with MagneRide, except instead of being an option it's now standard. Dealer keeps trying to get me into a Jag, even gave me a long wheel base to putt around in for a few days. Honestly found it pretty tacky inside. Ironically not as nice as the Cadillac XTS, which comes with MagneRide. Except the Caddy grill looks like the mouth of a freakin' baleen whale!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2015 04:58pm by scrannel.)
16-05-2015 04:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gjd10002

Hi Mark

I don't think you should be worried, when I have bought secondhand cars, it has often been a couple of weeks between doing the deal and picking up the car, usually because I wanted new tyres on or they needed to do a service or rectify some small issue the AA inspector had found.

In your case, I don't know who is painting the wheels, but whoever it is, they may not be able to fit in your wheels straight away.

Even when I've bought new cars, it has generally been over a week between the car arriving at the dealership and me picking it up. My current Range Rover arrived at the dealer late April and was not ready for me to pick up until May 9th (2014).

Hang in there!

Gary

(15-05-2015 06:30pm)Markdickinson Wrote:  Haven't picked the car up yet and first problem. The dealer emailed not phoned me to say there had been a problem and the car was not going to be ready until Tuesday next week. I paid a deposit for the car last Saturday and they were going to get the wheels sprayed black apparently the car is not back yet.

Should I be worried, to me it seems like a stalling tactic as a wheel refurb would take a couple of days max ???
18-05-2015 09:59pm
markdartj

Just quick word of advice for Pano Roof. First of all, unless you are sitting in the back seat, or have the front seat reclined all the way (hardly a "command driving position"), you don't even notice it. People who ride in the back seat love it. Secondly, check with your insurer about a "glass rider" to go with your policy if you decide to get the pano.
I did, knowing that I faced a lot of exposure (of the financial kind) with all the glass. It saved me a couple thousand dollars, since a mysterious crack developed in the roof while on a trip to Canada. I lucked out in that there was only one replacement roof in North America, so it only took a week to get set right. It would have taken months to order one from UK.
Not sure what rules and insurance companies you have in the UK, but here in US, Progressive offers a glass rider for about $7.00 extra a month.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
26-07-2015 12:25am
gjd10002

I agree completely with the pano roof comment of markdartj and all comments do apply in uk. It is rear seat passengers who love the pano roof. When you come to trade in through, it is what dealers, especially small dealers outside the main dealer network (who have to be especially careful on spec) want. The same comments about insurance coverage also applies in UK. My insurance company have only just started covering sunroofs and glass roofs (amazing that they not before!).
26-07-2015 07:22am
Good shot

(26-07-2015 07:22am)gjd10002 Wrote:  I agree completely with the pano roof comment of markdartj and all comments do apply in uk. It is rear seat passengers who love the pano roof. When you come to trade in through, it is what dealers, especially small dealers outside the main dealer network (who have to be especially careful on spec) want. The same comments about insurance coverage also applies in UK. My insurance company have only just started covering sunroofs and glass roofs (amazing that they not before!).

I find it a big difference in the front. Can feel a bit gloomy and compact when the pano is closed.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
26-07-2015 04:57pm
wheels

(26-07-2015 04:57pm)Good shot Wrote:  I find it a big difference in the front. Can feel a bit gloomy and compact when the pano is closed.

Like that compact dark feeling. Feel a bit disconnected from the outside world. Especially with tinted windows
27-07-2015 03:51pm