Poll: Which is your 2nd favourite Evoque Colour?
Fuji White
All the Blacks
Indus Silver
Orkney Grey
Mauritus Blue
Ipanema Sand
Buckingham Blue
Colima Lime
Firenze Red
Galway Green
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Poll : Which is your 2nd favourite Evoque Colour?
BobM

RE: Poll : Which is your 2nd favourite Evoque Colour?

Interesting poll! I hadnt really given a second choice colour any thought. I actually dont think I would have bought my Evoque in any colour other than Fuji. Dont get me wrong Im not a white fanatic, my last white car was my very first car - a Mk1 Ford Cortina 1500GT - in 1978 and I think I have had just about every colour of car over the years. Certain cars 'suit' a colour and for me and my RRE that was Fuji. If they had done a non metallic red close to Audi brilliant red then I might have been tempted. Perhaps a better thread would have been to ask why you discounted the other colours. Let me start:-

All the Blacks - Too hard to keep clean (says he with a white car!) and shows every paint swirl and light scuff mark
Indus Silver - Hides the dirt but really boring
Orkney Grey - Dont like that colour at all - needs to be darker
Mauritius Blue - Different (seen a couple in the flesh) but not sure about residuals
Ipanema Sand - mmm! not so good
Buckingham Blue - way too dark for British sunlight levels - not blue enough
Colima Lime - Bold choice but I suspect butt twiching residuals
Firenze Red - this isnt red, my grandad had slippers this colour and he said they were burgundy - only Audi does real red
Galway Green - Stately home fireplace hearth tile green (yawn)

Im not trying to offend, simply my preferences explained. The other thing about the metallic/pearl paints is that they only ever look their best in strong sunlight and we get way too little of that to make it worth your while spending the extra cash.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
10-05-2012 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

Oh hum! I completely disagree with you, which just goes to show that colour is so subjective!

I'll start by saying that Fuji was my first choice, discounted as so many were being ordered and I wanted something different. I opted for Ipanema and love it. If I could start again, I would choose exactly as I did.

The others:

Blacks - Classy, strong, suits the car perfectly. I saw one today and it literally turned my head - a Dynamic in Sheffield city centre.
Indus - Traditional, a classic colour which will never date.
OG - Another strong colour which suits the car, although not as striking as the blacks (IMHO). The shade is "just right".
Mauritius - I've not seen one in the flesh, but the pics I have seen look to be a vibrant, eye catching colour which will always look fresh.
Buckingham Blue - As Indus.
Colima - I did not expect to like this, but when I saw it in the flesh it was an immediate change of mind. Different yes, very fresh looking, and again suits the car perfectly. There will always be buyers for this colour.
Firenze - The only other red car I have liked is Mercedes red, but Firenze in the flesh - Wow. A real head turner.
Galway - I so did not expect to like this, but it looks great in the flesh. Classy and stylish, and I am normally not a green fan. I think this colour has to be seen to be believed how good it looks.

To summarise, I think that LR have done a great job in choosing colours that really suit the car. Or is it that whatever the colour, the car looks great?!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-05-2012 09:06pm
Vc

That's a difficult one seeing as I've ordered the Mauritius blue, ummmmm...... definitely not black or white so perhaps the Silver one

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
11-05-2012 09:28am
Rossy100

Poll : Which is your 2nd favourite Evoque Colour?

Interestingly I saw a Mauritius in the compound at the dealer last weekend, and whilst it was very nice (like almost all Evoque colours!) it seemed to look a lot less bright and sparkly than in some of the pictures I have seen. Might just be it needs some sun to bring out the best in itself! The same can also be said of Firenze though which would probably be my 2nd choice.
11-05-2012 12:52pm
BobM

(10-05-2012 09:06pm)LDT Wrote:  Oh hum! I completely disagree with you, which just goes to show that colour is so subjective!

Yep, you are absolutely right. I wouldnt even go as far as say that white is a colour I like on a car but I thought it really suited the RRE, particularly as it is so very white unlike Mercedes and Mini etc. If you think my exterior colour views are a bit off, you should hear my thoughts on interior colour (the person who though beige - sorry cream - oh sorry ambiance - was a practical colour for the inside of a car must be someone who wears (light coloured)Farrah slacks and a cardigan - probably to bed !!)

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
11-05-2012 06:30pm
J77

Colima lime, this was a colour I thought about but my salesman and I both agreed that it suited a dynamic better than a pure so I stuck with Fuji. I also thought about Mauritius blue but having seen both in the flesh it would still be Colima. There is a stunning looking Colima dynamic 5dr going around my area with black contrast roof and black 20" wheels. To whoever the owner is your car is stunning.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-05-2012 09:40pm