Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone book empty?
Gartly gav

Phone book empty?

Just paired up my new phone to the Evoque, a Samsung s3 mini, Bluetooth working fine except cant access my phone book on the screen of the dash. It states the phone book is empty.

Previous phone was a blackberry which worked fine so know the car is ok. On pairing the phone n car, the phone asks something along the lines let the car have access to the contacts which I answer yes to this but still won't show.

Anyone else had similar probs?

Cheers in advance

Pure Tech 5 door TD4 in Orkney grey, ebony interior, privacy glass, fog lights, xenon lights.
Collection 24th July...
30-04-2013 07:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewEvoGirl

RE: Phone book empty?

Yes, I have the S3 non-mini & I can't access my phonebook either, its very annoying! If you work out a solution, let me know, I'd be very grateful Smile
30-04-2013 10:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's probably the software in the phone, if you go to the LR website there is a section that lists what updates to your phone you need to make the contacts appear.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-05-2013 12:22am
harrydor

(01-05-2013 12:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's probably the software in the phone, if you go to the LR website there is a section that lists what updates to your phone you need to make the contacts appear.

HI my evoque will only see the phone book if the numbers are stored in the phone and not only on the sim card
01-05-2013 12:30pm
Gartly gav

Cheers for your help guys, away to try your advice

Pure Tech 5 door TD4 in Orkney grey, ebony interior, privacy glass, fog lights, xenon lights.
Collection 24th July...
01-05-2013 06:42pm
Evo-king

(30-04-2013 07:25pm)Gartly gav Wrote:  Just paired up my new phone to the Evoque, a Samsung s3 mini, Bluetooth working fine except cant access my phone book on the screen of the dash. It states the phone book is empty.

Previous phone was a blackberry which worked fine so know the car is ok. On pairing the phone n car, the phone asks something along the lines let the car have access to the contacts which I answer yes to this but still won't show.

Anyone else had similar probs?

Cheers in advance

I have just checked and I have exactly the same issue as you, I am also using a S3 mini.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-05-2013 10:51pm
Gartly gav

Hooray, think I have it sussed out! Went into my phone and stored all my contacts to to the phone memory first then in the car disconnected the phone then reconnected it. That was it phone book showing on the car screen.

Hope that helps the couple on here who has the same problem, let me know if I can be of any help

Collection 24th July...
02-05-2013 07:45am
Evo-king

The dealer checked this out today.

If the numbers are in the SIM card they won't go into the cars phonebook.

Trouble is I don't know if my numbers are in the SIM or phone.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-05-2013 06:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Isn't there a function in your phone's setting to copy the numbers to the phone - usually you only need to do it once. I have a Parrot radio with built in hands free system and it automatically reads both the. Phone and the sim. It is such a simpe system and appears to be able to pair straight off with any phone, don't know why more car makers don't use Parrot systems as standard as they are so easy to pair and transfer data to/ from the phone. The hifi is pretty good and it has Internet connectivity........ The hifi is pretty much wasted in the Defender though....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 08:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-05-2013 08:41pm
Evo-king

I'm going to fiddle around with the phone later, I have also had a Parrot system fitted to a Golf and it was the easiest device I ever used.

02-05-2013 09:04pm