Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parted company with it already.
Evo-king

Parted company with it already.

I've had the car less than a week and have parted company with it already.

However, I may get it back tomorrow, as it is with the Detailer.

Even though I asked the garage not to do anything with the paintwork, they cleaned it, when the detailer shone his fancy light on the paintwork you would not believe the amount of swirling on it, that is the trouble with black paint.

Hence my early visit to the detailer, one can only hope he will work his magic along with the GTechniq products and bring a smile back to my face.

I will know either late this evening or sometime tomorrow morning.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-05-2012 12:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Parted company with it already.

I would love to have a black one but given a previous experience with a brand new black Golf GT and the swirling on it on collection and a week later I swore never again to have a black car. Problem is the colour looks awesome when all nice clean and very shiny!

Hopefully they will sort it out for you Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
02-05-2012 01:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

Pardon my ignorance but what causes the swirling?

My last car, X5 in carbon black, had swirling all over the paintwork but my Evoque is fine. I had Supaguard applied by the LR dealer but can't remember if I had the same done with the X5.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
02-05-2012 02:55pm
Evo-king

Usually, poor wash technique combined with grit in cleaning cloth/sponge etc.

Can also occur if someone polishes the car. Either at the factory or the dealers.

To get around it, cars are usually, cleaned either using a foam lance, detergent is sprayed on to the car and then hosed off, and only microfibe towels are used to dry and polish the car, or alternatively you can use the two bucket method using a sheepswool wash mitt. One bucket has the shampoo the other clean water in which you rinse out the mitt everytime you you finish cleaning an area.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-05-2012 03:01pm
doug

Eve-king,
Can you ask your detailer what we uses to remove swirling on high gloss plastic please.
I'm running some tests of my own at the moment, but it would be good to hear what we uses.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-05-2012 04:12pm
Evo-king

(02-05-2012 04:12pm)doug Wrote:  Eve-king,
Can you ask your detailer what we uses to remove swirling on high gloss plastic please.
I'm running some tests of my own at the moment, but it would be good to hear what we uses.

I will, I'm sure he said that this area would be hand polished, but I'll ask him tomorrow, I know he is using G Techniq products, I won't be getting it back until the afternoon, it has been a big job, the whole car has been machine polished to remove all of the swirl marks.

02-05-2012 08:23pm
SINGHY

It would be good to see some pictures, I've only recently learnt about detailing and am still undecided about the benefits, particularly with all the lousy weather we get here. I've had my Evoque over a month and because of the weather I've only managed to wash it once.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
02-05-2012 08:36pm
Evo-king

Let's put it this way detailing doesn't come cheap, it's a completely different game to valeting, and there are websites and forums devoted to it.

I'm paying several hundred pounds for this and that is at the lower end of the detailing spectrum, but I am not showing my car, I just want to give the car the best possible treatment at the outset. Black is after all a bugger to maintain.

I'm told the body protection is guaranteed for several years, more of that when I get it back.

I'll do my best to get photos done as well.

02-05-2012 08:46pm