Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Panoramic roof
GibEvoque

Panoramic roof

I have seen on the euro spec configurator that the panoramic roof no longer seems to be an option on the pure spec. Anyone know the reason for this? Was a little concerned as was going to finalise my order next week, and this was a must have for me.
07-09-2011 07:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Panoramic roof

There have been issues with availability, which is also why the price is now higher than initially.
Maybe they've removed it from the Pure to limit the popularity as well?

Anyway, there have been issues with the configurators before, so you'd better check with your dealer to know the details.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
07-09-2011 09:34am
Ezandania

Apart from the availability issues, have the quality issues been resolved? I recall some members mentioning about cracked edges of the panoramic window/roof?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
07-09-2011 10:43am
Alex

(07-09-2011 10:43am)Ezandania Wrote:  Apart from the availability issues, have the quality issues been resolved? I recall some members mentioning about cracked edges of the panoramic window/roof?

Wasn't that due to the vehicles being test models/pre production?

When I was at one of the Evoque Live shows the door hinge on the drivers side broke and a LR person had to fix it and told me that the quality is lower on the pre-production models hence some faults, although I can't imagine lower quality door hinge on a pre production would be a high criteria.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
07-09-2011 11:03am
defender_uk

trouble is...they will tell you anything.
I saw the cracked roof at an event and was told it was because it was pre-prod. but I am concerned....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
07-09-2011 05:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

I just place my order for a Pure in Australia. Still an option over here but need to include the Tech pack with includes the 11 speaker stereo system (8 speaker standard).

The price was $1,035 AUD (converted to 690 GBP) which has not been increased.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
07-09-2011 11:22pm
ytshome

Hi, I understand that the price increase in most of Land Rover markets in respect of the pan roof is because LR has now specced a higher quality (and therefore more expensive) pan roof, possibly due to some reported problems

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
08-09-2011 01:01am
evoqueboy

If I take delivery in September, will that mean my car will have a poor quality one if I have payed the old price?

Cheers
08-09-2011 09:23am
Alex

(08-09-2011 09:23am)evoqueboy Wrote:  If I take delivery in September, will that mean my car will have a poor quality one if I have payed the old price?

Cheers

I doubt there will be any problems, but we are covered by the warranty should anything go wrong anyway.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
08-09-2011 09:27am
ytshome

[/It may be that they have been standing the cost and puting in the higher grade for customer orders but we've heard on the forum that some cracking has been noticed in extreme condition like using the 4x4 course]

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
08-09-2011 10:24am