Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Paint treatment- is it worth it?
Nickm

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it?

Gina don't do it. I am really into car detailing and it would be the biggest waste you spending out that money! I'd do it for you for a day to show you how I could do a better job!, and with just £50 worth of products.

Now help me, I'm driving to Newcastle, tell me of a really nice hotel I can stay at!! Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 10:16pm by Nickm.)
10-09-2011 10:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

(10-09-2011 10:14pm)Nickm Wrote:  Gina don't do it. I am really into car detailing and it would be the biggest waste you spending out that money! I'd do it for you for a day to show you how I could do a better job!, and with just £50 worth of products.

Now help me, I'm driving to Newcastle, tell me of a really nice hotel I can stay at!! Thanks!

Totally agree, I know a close friend who works for a major BMW dealer and he said it isn't worth the money. A good range of meguirs products will keep your RRE looking good.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
10-09-2011 10:24pm
GinaS

Hi,
Thanks for your advice guys -it may as well be a foreign language to me. Problem is I don't really know of anyone local who will do it all for me. I'm high maintenance don't want the car to be too!!Surprised
Right -in terms of hotels- depends what type of hotel you want to stay in and what part of Newcastle?
10-09-2011 10:29pm
kevoque

Totally agree never have and never will waste of money !! My opinion I prefer doing it myself and seeing the finish that you get by doing it yourself
Recommend autoglym hd wax
As Mr Miagee said "wax on wax off"
Kev
10-09-2011 10:31pm
GinaS

Hi kevoque,
I'd rather wax my legs-ha ha. Actually forget that if I'm honest I'd rather pay for that too....sorry guess that makes me a lazy mare!
10-09-2011 10:35pm
kevoque

Lol well this conversation has changed from paint protection to wax to body hair what are you Geordies like !!! Lol
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 10:39pm by kevoque.)
10-09-2011 10:38pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

you should be able get a decent local car detailer who will do a post purchase protection that will be a million times better than any dealer applied supaguard or similar .

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 10:39pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
10-09-2011 10:38pm
xxxx5

(10-09-2011 10:35pm)GinaS Wrote:  Hi kevoque,
I'd rather wax my legs-ha ha. Actually forget that if I'm honest I'd rather pay for that too....sorry guess that makes me a lazy mare!

I will wax the car for you, and give the legs a go as well. It can't be that hard! Surprised

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
10-09-2011 10:39pm
kevoque

Gina time to log off as this might get a bit below the belt in more ways than one !! Lol
10-09-2011 10:42pm
Nickm

Megs are good, but better bespoke products out there...Zaino, DoDo and Poorboys......but £50 will get you a good treatment.

Gina, something very nice, contemporary. Central, although I will be in West Bolden and South Tyneside....

I like Hotel Du Vin down here, what's the Newcastle one like?
10-09-2011 10:47pm