Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scratch on grey back panel
Mikey777

Scratch on grey back panel

Hi Guys/Girls,
Someone has scratched the grey panel below bumper on my Pure. Can anyone suggest any type of paint I could apply to cover as whilst the panel is grey it is white underneath and the scratch now stands out white and wish to cover?Any advice greatly appreciate
regards,
mikeTwisted Evil

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
15-04-2013 09:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Scratch on grey back panel

Try your local "Chipsaway", they will come to you, estimate the cost and arrange a date to do the repair. Their franchisees can repair plastic, paint, small dents and interior trim from their vans. They are franchises so quality of work can vary but my experience of two repairs by the local franchise has been very good when I had repairs made to the tailgate of an RRS and a FFRR

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 10:14am by XFullFatTim.)
15-04-2013 10:12am
SINGHY

RE: Scratch on grey back panel

I had a similar scratch on the LH side grey panel beneath the bumper but above the exhaust as well slight damage to the bumper (wife grazed it against yhe garage wall). Chips away couldn't fix it but an independent bumper/body repairer who does a lot of work for the LR dealer did a top job. If you want more details PM me.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
15-04-2013 07:11pm