Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pain defect on near side front wing
m_101

RE: Pain defect on near side front wing

Mine is well clear - no need to do anything about it. Posting another thread about various rattles however...

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-09-2013 08:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

Mine was in at the dealers on Wednesday - and they have totally f'kd up the 'damage' caused by the headlight rubbing. They attempted to touch it in with OG touch-up, but reckoned it looked worse, so wiped it off (badly) and have now just put a blob of clear over the damage to "stop the paint flaking any further" - but because they have adjusted the headlight the damage is now really visible.

I am advised that it now needs a trip to the bodyshop to spray the damage 'properly', but as it's got to be done on the car and it's in a tricky place, they cannot guarantee how good it will look.

I suggested that they need to put on a new wing then, as evidently that would have to be sprayed off the car as it comes in primer only.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way forward. As far as I'm concerned, I want my 4.5 month old car restored back to as it should be without having damage and overspray visible. Not much confidence (again) in my dealer, especially as they don't have their own bodyshop and it's contracted out to an 'approved' repairer 40 miles away from the dealership!!

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
13-09-2013 06:47pm
Liza

Any luck with this problem? I have bought a new Evoque in malta and have the same problem. I emailed land rover UK and the only thing they can suggest after 3 weeks of not receiving a reply from them, is to touch paint up!!!!! I just cannot believe that this is their only proposal...the car is 6months old!!! Appalled at the customer service.
24-01-2014 02:23pm
Trapdoor

I insisted mine be 'put back' to how it was before the dealership tampered with it because they made such a bad job of attempting to touch it in. And to be fair, they have done a moderately reasonable job in hiding the damage by repositioning the headlight slightly.

Unless you have a really good dealer who can rectify the paint, I'd suggest just getting the headlight adjusted so it wasn't touching the wing and leave it well alone; after all, the wing is plastic and won't rust.

When I went round the few Evoques the dealer had in their carpark (customer and staff cars) I think about 4 or 5 showed signs of the same damage on one side or the other, but I think it's more noticeable on some colours than others. JLR know it's a manufacturing defect so they should really have a resolution in place, but from what I gather, this is a respray/blend in job and I just wasn't prepared to let them do that on my car.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
24-01-2014 07:16pm
Liza

Thank you for the message.

I am just very annoyed that Land Rover UK didn't even offer some form of compensation and their attitude is simply "we are sorry you have a problem, but we agree that the car needs to be touched up"....i chose LR over Audi because i believed in the UK aftersales service...well I am very wrong.

I will never buy a LR again. It is out of the question.
My dealer already checked whether the headlamps can be repositioned and he put them back to how they were.

Anyway thank you so much for replying.

(24-01-2014 07:16pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  I insisted mine be 'put back' to how it was before the dealership tampered with it because they made such a bad job of attempting to touch it in. And to be fair, they have done a moderately reasonable job in hiding the damage by repositioning the headlight slightly.

Unless you have a really good dealer who can rectify the paint, I'd suggest just getting the headlight adjusted so it wasn't touching the wing and leave it well alone; after all, the wing is plastic and won't rust.

When I went round the few Evoques the dealer had in their carpark (customer and staff cars) I think about 4 or 5 showed signs of the same damage on one side or the other, but I think it's more noticeable on some colours than others. JLR know it's a manufacturing defect so they should really have a resolution in place, but from what I gather, this is a respray/blend in job and I just wasn't prepared to let them do that on my car.
25-01-2014 07:24am
Liza

(25-01-2014 07:24am)Liza Wrote:  Thank you for the message.

I am just very annoyed that Land Rover UK didn't even offer some form of compensation and their attitude is simply "we are sorry you have a problem, but we agree that the car needs to be touched up"....i chose LR over Audi because i believed in the UK aftersales service...well I am very wrong.

My dealer already checked whether the headlamps can be repositioned and he put them back to how they were.

(25-01-2014 07:24am)Liza Wrote:  Thank you for the message.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 09:08am by Liza.)
25-01-2014 09:08am
scrannel

Again... can't believe the way my UK brethren are being treated by their dealers. Also suspicious we may be getting better cars here. I walked the lot when I bought my car (and my dealer has a ton of Evoques) and was in yesterday for my 1 year service, and was checking out new ones -- never seen this or any other damage. Also, some of the "normal" paint defects others have described here -- bit of dirt etc. No one here would accept a car like that.

Oh yeah, pointed out that after one year the leather on driver's side seat is "wrinkled" (we've seen that before on the forum). So they ordered a new seat. And, we didn't have to get into a fight over it.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 04:15pm by scrannel.)
25-01-2014 04:10pm
m_101

Scrannel I am jealous. I've complained twice at my dealers about wrinkling of the driver's side leather seats. No joy, "normal wear and tear". I have the dynamic plus pack sports seats too.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
29-01-2014 09:43pm
Liza

Land Rover UK replied and suggested either touching up my bumper or changing my bumper all together....i asked what they would suggest re my mudguard as the paint is chipping too....they have not replied yet.....impressed at their arrogance and disgusted at their aftersales service.
29-01-2014 09:47pm